NEXT Compression Corp.
- Rocky View County, AB, Canada
NEXT Compression Corp, a young, dynamic company providing industry leading design and fabrication of natural gas and refrigeration compression packages has an opening for a Controller to join the team. Reporting to the President & CEO, the successful candidate will be a dynamic leader responsible for managing accounting, finance and IT activities of the company towards the goal of maximizing financial and operational efficiencies as well as profitability while fostering a corporate environment that breeds exceptional customer service both internally and externally.
- Oversee all accounting functions within the NEXT including but not limited to AR, AP, Payroll, Financial Reporting, KPI Reporting, Forecasting, GL and all other day to day activities.
- Contribute to leadership by identifying and implementing process improvements throughout the company based on strategic initiatives
- Participate in meetings of the senior management team, both tactical and strategic
- Contribute to setting company direction, identifying priorities and building accountability structures
- Oversee multiple branches in multiple locations and handle multi-currency transactions
- Oversee external consultants for IT and HR.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives & seeks ways to improve process workflows to reduce costs
Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Lead Annual Budget preparation for all departments in conjunction with overseeing budget preparation for each department
- Analyze financial results and communicate results as well as forecasting with the Senior Leadership Team and various managers
- Prepare annual department plan aligned with overall company objectives
- Lead the preparation of corporate financial reporting
- Lead year end compliance planning and execution
- Prepare the year-end working papers and coordinate annual financial statements
- Provide strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills in the development, implementation and reporting of business and financial plans of NEXT
- Work directly with external consultants relative to the annual audit, IT issues, and any other areas within finance and systems that is impacted
- Utilize understanding of ‘best practice’ multi-divisional corporate operations to forecast and proactively address needs and situations to ensure streamlined operations
- Understand the needs of each division/department and balances potential efficiencieswith the needs of the overall accounting and finance group
- Establish, communicate and monitor all accounting policies and procedures to ensure best practices are adhered to
- Implement efficient accounting and reporting programs that adequately address the needs of the company’s various stakeholders
- Implement cost controls that positively impact bottom line profits
- Establish internal policies and procedures and regularly audit and update procedures to meet changing needs of the various accounting functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years related experience in accounting/finance environment required
- Minimum of two (2) years of Controller experience required
- CPA designation preferred
- Proven ability to effectively lead and direct staff in a competitive, high-energy environment and industry
- Previous experience with setting and executing direction with forecast development and allocation, resource expenditure, staffing levels and policies and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems, processes and activities related to financial, IT and HR.
- Expert level working knowledge of financial systems. NEXT currently uses SAP B1 for accounting, Primavera for project management, Kronos for Time and Attendance, Paymate Clarity for Payroll
- Previous experience with SAP B1 considered an asset
- Previous experience with job costing, production jobs and inventory is essential, preferably within a manufacturing and service organization
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple, diverse tasks in a high-energy environment
- Possess excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications, with expert level proficiency in Excel
- Occasional travel may be required
- Demonstrate strong values - honesty, integrity, respect and being trustworthy
Please visit https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/elevatedhr/job/37c9tsrutrm81cha1ixk46refa to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those deemed qualified will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
NEXT COMPRESSION OFFERS:
- A fast paced environment, full of energy and drive
- The ability to exercise independence and autonomy in decision making
- The ongoing opportunity for development where you can make your mark and grow
- A competitive compensation package which includes:
- Expected base annual salary between $130,000 and $150,000
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start
- RRSP matching
ABOUT NEXT COMPRESSION:
NEXT is a leading provider of natural gas compression solutions to producers in Western Canada, throughout North America, Australia and beyond. Our primary business segments are, fabrication and packaging of various types of compression projects for the energy industry and field service for our customers.
In addition to the manufacturing facilities and head office in Calgary, NEXT has field service support locations in Alberta and British Columbia.
NEXT has the experience, expertise, and capability to make compression solutions easy for our clients.
To learn more about NEXT Compression Corp, please visit https://nextcomp.ca/.
Monday, August 19, 2019
$130,000 - $150,000 annually