Elevated HR Solutions
- Calgary, AB
Patching Associates Acoustical Engineering is looking to add a new Field Technician to the team. Reporting to the Field Operations Manager, the right candidate will perform routine field technical and engineering functions as assigned. We’re looking for someone to demonstrate strong self-motivation, curiosity, and of course, the ability to work in the field and at the office depending on the project. The right individual will demonstrate a commitment to a safer, greener, and of course, eco-friendly world.
On a day-to-day basis the right candidate will:
- Data gathering, attention to detail, keeping accurate records.
- Organize and prepare for field projects (travel arrangements, must be eligible to rent vehicles) while managing time and daily schedules
- Follow, create, and modify templates and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are maintained using safe procedures, follow environmental practices.
- Provide flexible support to the project teams as to achieve project outcomes.
- Participate in internal projects and personal growth
- As a representative of Patching Associates, all persons, property, and environment must be treated with respect.
The right candidate will demonstrate on their resume:
- Background with data gathering is required
- Exposure to outdoor fieldwork (summer and winter weather conditions) as you will be working outside for the majority of the daytime hours.
- An ability to work away from a home base at least 75% of the time, primarily within Western Canada
- High proficiency with Outlook 365, Sharepoint, and Microsoft Office
- Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or hold refugee status in Canada
- Ability to operate a Patching company motor vehicle (truck) in adverse weather conditions and are familiar with operating a 4-wheel drive vehicle.
- Valid Driver’s License is required with a clean abstract
- First Aid, H2S Alive, TDG & WHIMS are considered an asset.
- The option of relocation could be considered.
During the interview, we will be looking for behaviours that demonstrate:
- Articulate verbal communication; able to adapt to various types of persons.
- An ability to troubleshoot through technical problems
- An ability to listen, understand and consider other views
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently
Why Patching Associates?
Our work includes monitoring noise impacts in the environment, diagnosing and engineering mitigation strategies, as well as working with regulators and stakeholders to understand how noise emissions affect communities. Our team of acoustical professionals are trained and experienced in acoustical engineering and support larger project teams to assess cumulative impacts from projects in Western Canada, Australia, and the US.
- Our Values – We commit to growing sustainably, work as a team, dig deep to go the extra mile and are truly enjoying the journey
- The Industries Served – Patching covers a wide range of different sectors including oil & gas, transportation, architectural and power generation, allowing you to capitalize on various networks and connections
- Career Growth – gain new skills, through more responsibility and be exposed to new technologies and innovations
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Our culture is made up of our shared values and aspirations. However, we believe in diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences and we use the diversity to deliver a meaningful experience both internally and externally. This translates to everyone having a voice at the table bring a sense of inclusion and belonging.
- Commitment to a greener future – We are innovators in the environmental noise pollution field. We manage noise impacts by working alongside owners and designers of energy developments and infrastructure projects.
Salary Range for the Role: Base salary of $48,000 to $60,000
If you are interested in this exciting new role and the opportunity to work across Western Canada, please upload your cover letter and resume in one document. While we thank all candidates who apply, we will be reaching out to candidates who meet the hiring manager’s requirements on their resume.
Wednesday, May 11, 2022