Senior Philanthropy Officer
- Edmonton, AB
We’re seeking an experienced professional to join our team and make an impact with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
As a key member of the Development Team, the Senior Philanthropy Officer is responsible for managing a complex portfolio of major individual and corporate giving and planned giving donors, as well as developing and implementing programs to grow and diversify fundraising revenue for Covenant Foundation-supported facilities in northern Alberta.
On a day-to-day basis the right candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting prospect research, identifying major giving individual and corporate donors, as well as planned giving donors for all Foundation sites in northern Alberta.
- Diligently uses Raiser’s Edge NXT to track all prospect and donor interactions.
- Developing and coordinating prospect identification strategies.
- Bringing new prospects to each team pipeline meeting and preparing profiles on prospects for the Development Committee.
- Developing, delivering, and evaluating major giving programs, implementing strategies to recruit new donors, re-engage lapsed donors, increase annual support of existing donors, and increase overall giving to meet and exceed annual revenue goals.
- Maintaining an active pipeline of major gift donors, moving prospects from identification, through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Implements strategies to cultivate and solicit major individual donors to meet annual revenue and activity targets; monitors and evaluates progress on an ongoing basis.
- Conducting ongoing stewardship activities and managing relationships with existing donors.
- Provides accurate and timely activity reports and revenue forecasts.
- Ensures prompt, tailored, accurate donor recognition and stewardship in alignment with Foundation donor management strategies.
- Developing proposals, briefing notes, presentations, progress reports and other documents/materials in support of the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects.
- In consultation with the CEO and legal counsel, prepare gift agreements.
- Network with the business community on a regular basis by attending related off-site events.
- Developing a Planned Giving program strategy to support program growth.
- Developing, delivering, and evaluating planned giving programs, implementing strategies to meet and exceed annual planned giving revenue goals.
- Actively identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective planned giving donors.
- Leading stewardship activities relevant to planned gifts.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of major giving, corporate giving, and planned giving vehicles and the tax aspects of these vehicles, as well as general knowledge of trends and legislation affecting philanthropy.
- Monitoring emerging trends and issues in fundraising, event planning, health care, and the markets we serve.
- Seeking opportunities to enhance skills and gain knowledge in areas of interest and responsibilities.
- Participating in personal and professional development opportunities, researching and reading about best practices in the industry, and applying what is learned to position responsibilities.
The right candidate will demonstrate on their resume:
- University Degree, diploma, or equivalent work experience within the fundraising profession
- 5-7 years of professional experience in the not-for-profit field, with a history of success in meeting and exceeding fundraising goals
- Proven experience in creating and delivering major and planned giving programs with measurable results
- Demonstrated experience closing complex commitments ideally including planned and endowment gifts
- This role will require travel within the Edmonton area therefore a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required
- Excellent oral and written communication with strong presentation skills
- Experience working with fundraising databases required, Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred
- CFRE designation is an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours, as evening and weekend work may be required
During the interview, we will be looking for behaviours that demonstrate:
- Ability to articulate and translate the importance of the Covenant
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors
- Self-directed, with excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Understanding of, and dedication to, fundraising measurement, metrics, and evaluation
Why Covenant Foundation?
- We believe in supporting our employees holistically by providing a:
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Pension plan
- Flex spending account
- Flexible work environment (currently remote; will shift to a hybrid remote/in-office model when safe to do so)
- Culture code: Respect, Innovation, Teamwork, Engagement
Please upload your cover letter and resume in one document. While we thank all candidates who apply, we will be reaching out to candidates who meet the hiring manager’s requirements on their resume.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Covenant Foundation values diversity in thought as well as representation. They are committed to building an environment that provides a foundation for safety and belonging and are challenging their biases and assumptions daily. Should you need any support during the application or interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, September 12, 2022