Development Officer, Annual Giving
Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation
- Edmonton, AB
Our client, Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation, provides a way for thousands of individuals and organizations to support the Royal Alexandra Hospital and its number one priority: building better health care for the people of Alberta.
They fund ground-breaking education, cutting-edge research, next-generation technologies, and facility enhancements. They also support a growing number of specialized centers of health care excellence located at the Royal Alexandra Hospital campus, including the Lois Hole Hospital for Women, the CK Hui Heart Centre, the Orthopedic Surgery Centre, and the Eye Institute of Alberta
The Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation is looking for the next star to join the organization. This new role in the annual giving department should come to the team with an excitement to grow in the non-profit space, contribute to the annual strategy and have a thirst for customer service internally and externally.
As the Development Officer, Annual Giving, your day could consist of:
- Working with Directors and VP of Fund Development and Stakeholder Engagement to revitalize current Monthly Giving Program.
- Actively recruiting new monthly donors using a variety of strategies such as cultivation events, personal solicitations, special projects, telemarketing, email, mail, and social media programs to secure Annual Fund support.
- Aiding in the establishment of the conversion plan for long-time donors as well as meeting with donors to discuss their giving and impact – no cold calling!
- Managing third-party requests and acts as a resource for third-party events providing information, promotional material, and support.
- Working in collaboration with the Stewardship Team to ensure donors are appropriately recognized and informed.
- Leading various local fundraisers and programs to engage community participation.
- Establish metrics for success for online campaigns that are inclusive of online reach and financial success.
- Seek new opportunities when it comes to Online Giving initiatives.
- Working alongside our Communication Department to create and manage online micro-sites for third-party events, provide marketing support where needed such as posters, social media posts and online e-blasts, and contribute to the Foundation’s newsletter content and annual giving stories.
What We Will See On Your Resume:
- 2-4 years related work experience in fundraising, sales, events, marketing or account management
- Experience working on donor solicitation would be an asset however we also will consider those with transferrable skills such as business development, recruitment and customer service
- Experience in Third Party Event administration and working with databases – you are an organizational wiz
- High level of understanding and experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Office and Outlook and possibly Raisers Edge
What We Will Want Demonstrated in the Interview:
- Evidence of superior relationship-building skills and interpersonal skills to engage stakeholders both internally and externally
- Excellent communication and public presentation skills with the ability to present to both small and large groups
- Proven ethical practice using a high level of integrity and good judgment
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to manage a variety of complex projects concurrently to a high standard of excellence
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and use independent judgement to troubleshoot issues
- A strong work ethic, combining energy, enthusiasm, initiative to exceed expectations
- Agree to a Security Clearance Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Search prior to the start of their employment.
What’s in it for you?
- A collaborative environment and a passionate team
- Opportunities for growth and development within a Foundation that funds ground-breaking education, cutting-edge research, next-generation technologies, and facility enhancements
- Competitive base salary, variable pay and vacation allotment
- Health and dental benefits and defined pension plan
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Should you need any support during the application or interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Think you’d be a good fit?
Please apply online with your cover letter and resume in one document. While we thank all candidates who apply, we will only be reaching out to candidates who meet what we are looking for!
Wednesday, August 18, 2021