- Edmonton, AB
As the primary support to the CEO of Covenant Foundation, the Executive Associate will provide proactive support by anticipating and mitigating issues and actionable items within the CEO’s portfolio in an efficient, streamlined, and coordinated fashion.
Our client, Covenant Foundation, is seeking a professional to join their team and make an impact with opportunities for personal and professional growth. To find out more about the organization, please visit covenantfoundation.ca!
On a day-to-day basis the right candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing senior-level, comprehensive administrative support to the CEO, as well as members of the senior leadership team
- Reviewing and preparing written and electronic correspondence; conducting research to understand the consequences and appropriate processes for the development of initiatives and projects
- Providing clerical support including typing, formatting, editing, proofreading, and ensuring documents meet professional standards that reflect the competence and credibility of the Foundation
- Maintaining the CEO’s schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Maintenance and reconciliation of monthly CEO expenses and statements
- Preparation of annual administrative operating budget and assisting in development of human resources budgets in cooperation with the foundation's finance department
- Supporting the foundation's grant programs which includes monitoring grant projects, filing and records maintenance, and consolidation of grant information
- Managing all aspects of the affairs of the Board of Directors and its Committees in their leadership, accountability, and responsibilities with regard to governance
- Providing high-quality analytical and administrative services to support effective management of the foundation’s governance, including the relationship with the Board and Committees, while acting as a liaison with members as requested
- Administratively supporting the CEO in human resource components such as recruitment, onboarding, and managing the documentation of performance management
- Coordinating and facilitating Health and Safety training for all employees
- Liaising with the internal IT support team to ensure quality service to meet the needs of the organization and the needs of new hires which includes hardware, software, and network access
- Supporting the CEO with the development, improvement, and control of policies and procedures. Ensuring timely review of policies, as per the Policy Management Calendar.
- Supporting the CEO in lending guidance to affiliate foundation boards to develop and execute their work plans and budgets in alignment with the Covenant family strategic plan
The right candidate will demonstrate on their resume:
- 6+ years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Advanced written communication skills, as well as high-level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proven track record of success in meeting and event coordination
During the interview, we will be looking for behaviours that demonstrate:
- Superior interpersonal communication skills; examples of your ability to communicate across all levels of an organization, including C-level executives and Board Members
- Exceptional organizational, planning, time management, and problem-solving skills; examples of your ability to prioritize your workload and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of protocol, discretion, and professionalism
- Understanding of and commitment to the Covenant Foundation/Covenant Family mission, vision, and values
Why Covenant Foundation?
- Our salary range is $60,000-$70,000 for this position. We also believe in supporting our employees holistically by providing:
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Pension plan
- Flex spending account
- Flexible work environment (currently remote; will shift to a hybrid remote/in-office model when safe to do so)
- Culture code: Respect, Innovation, Teamwork, Engagement
Please upload your cover letter and resume in one document. While we thank all candidates who apply, we will be reaching out to candidates who meet the hiring manager’s requirements on their resume.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Covenant Foundation values diversity in thought as well as representation. They are committed to building an environment that provides a foundation for safety and belonging and are challenging their biases and assumptions daily. Should you need any support during the application or interview process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Friday, September 9, 2022