Business Systems Analyst Sr.
Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Sparks, NV
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) delivers customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies.
Business Systems Analyst Sr
The Sr Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for overseeing the technical execution of one to many projects and tasks in varying IT areas such as application development, application support, systems administration, business intelligence, network administration and others. In addition to coordination and oversight of technical tasks during the execution phase of the project, the Sr Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for gathering and documenting customer requirements by interviewing and understanding customer needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of IT practices and terminology in order to be knowledgeable enough to understand when to raise questions in order to correctly steer the project execution tasks to completion. The candidate will need to be bright, imaginative, and a capable technologist with strong communication skills specifically seeking an environment where they will impact the direction of the organization, and be a key contributor to overall success of the business. The pace is exceptionally fast at SNC, and our dynamic environment will see many new projects in the coming year. The Sr Business Systems Analyst will need to be agile and flexible, as changes will be certain and frequent.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide coordination and oversight on various technical tasks on IT projects of varying complex nature
- Understand business application data to ensure accuracy and quality, while identifying opportunities to integrate between systems
- Elicit and gather user requirements to translate into detailed documentation to be used for technical execution
- Experience in epic, feature, & user story creation, as well as work item sprint planning
- Regularly communicate to management regarding status of technical deliverables
- Identify and monitor technical risks, communicating roadblocks and issues to management
- Responsible for assembling plans to track key execution/technical milestones, and communicating status to the technical team and management
- Uses strong understanding of business needs in order to effectively interface and communicate with business users and IT
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Requires a BA/BS in Information Systems or related field
- 10+ years of related experience required
- Ability to analyze business systems and/or business processes to identify user needs, document requirements, and address process improvements to accomplish business objectives
- Strong knowledge of requirements documentation tools such as Visio, Word, Excel, Jira, and Azure DevOps
- Experience with data mapping and documentation of system integration metadata and touchpoints necessary for implementation
- Some experience with writing SQL and understanding the basics of table querying for use in documenting requirements
- Strong knowledge of project planning and execution, using tools such as MS Project
- Understanding of analysis and software development life cycle methodologies (business requirements documents, data flow diagrams, case tool analysis, work & process flow diagrams)
- Strong presentation, facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Wednesday, July 22, 2020