Panasonic Energy of North America
- Sparks, NV
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Category: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area “5s” (Sort, Shine, Set-in Order, Standardize, Sustain). Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Reads all SDS (Safety Data Sheets) as required and assigned per department and production lines
- Complies with all environmentally safe practices and regulations
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- Wearing PPE is a possibility and includes equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Some High School
- Preferred: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent required
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Previous experience in a warehouse/manufacturing environment, automation, or assembly is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Be able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 20%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 20%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Occasional
- Office Equipment: Occasional
- Phone: Occasional
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Wednesday, August 26, 2020