Principal Environmental Scientist or Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Highly reputed and progressive Pacific Northwest environmental consultancy, is seeking to add a Principal Scientist or Engineer to join our growing operations in Seattle or Tacoma, Washington. If you are a high-impact difference-maker with a track record of business development, client management, and technical leadership success, please consider bringing your talent and energy to a place that is committed to growth, rewarding your achievements, and making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST OR ENGINEER
We seek the superstars in our industry experienced in site characterization and remediation, environmental risk reduction, and due diligence projects involving contaminated media, hazardous waste sites, environmental compliance issues and brownfield / real estate development efforts. However, your specific area of environmental expertise is less critical than the attitude, desire, and ability to win work while leading and mentoring a team of talented consulting professionals. Our philosophy is to seek out, develop, and highly compensate industry leaders who have the rare combination of skills to secure new consulting opportunities; manage clients, programs and projects; and lead and mentor staff. Understanding and succeeding in every aspect of the consulting business puts our professionals in the best position to help question and lead us beyond traditional consulting models and structures…we believe that allows us to deliver even higher levels of value to the clients we serve.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successful selling and technical leadership of environmental services in one or more areas of environmental consulting: site characterization and remediation; environmental due diligence; drinking water, wastewater, stormwater, solid waste, hazardous waste, and/or air quality compliance; environmental engineering; or natural resources.
- Direct projects and oversee key client relationships,
- Develop new business opportunities individually and in collaboration with others.
- Personnel management, mentorship, and development of technical staff.
- Provide technical and project management support to clients for all facets of project execution.
- Collaborate with other Principals to support and extend the vision and direction of the firm.
- Participate in executive decision-making as part of the Senior Management Team, reporting directly to the CEO.
- Serve as an integral part of company leadership, demonstrating a high standard of ethics and integrity.
- BS in engineering, geology, science, or related discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant professional services consulting experience.
- Recognized technical expertise in the marketplace with well-established client and industry connections in the Pacific Northwest.
- A track record of repeat business and demonstrated success on competitive business opportunities.
- Strong dedication to maintaining a safe work environment and promoting company safety culture
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong reputation and advanced knowledge of the local regulatory landscape.
- Proven negotiation skills with federal, state and local regulators.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to pass a background check, if necessary, to meet client, contract, project, or site access requirements.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if/as required
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites along with a valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
Monday, April 10, 2023