- Kirkland, WA
This position requires discretion, trustworthiness, tact, and attention to detail. You will interface regularly with the company’s closest business relations and clients and handle the company’s most sensitive and proprietary information.
The function of the Estimator is to be responsible for preparing budgets and bids for all projects, and for continuous preconstruction on awarded projects that are in the development phase. You will be responsible for understanding and achieving the clients’ goals while protecting and promoting the interests of our company in all matters and to take actions as required to complete all responsibilities.
- Visit the site to familiarize yourself with the site conditions.
- Prepare accurate detailed quantity takeoffs as required.
- Review front-end documents and understand the requirements expected.
- Preparation of Bidders Lists; provide the list of qualified subcontractors, reviewed with
- Issuing drawings and specifications to subcontractors for bidding.
- Send bid invitations to selected subcontractors and vendors.
- Preparing/writing instructions to bidders.
- Review subcontractor bids for compliance to the contract documents and identify any long lead items.
- When requested by the client, prepare a value engineering log and tracking.
- Prepare with the qualifications and assumptions for our bids and proposals.
- Prepare bid proposal or GMP proposal to the client.
- Read and understand all Owner Contract Requirements.
- Prepare all Subcontract scope and requirements.
- Prepare and issue purchasing documents (i.e.: Subcontracts, Purchase Order, Service Agreement, and Professional Service Agreement) with the PM for management signature.
- Ascertain that the subcontractor has current insurance coverage before they are allowed on the project site.
- Assist with the preparation a cost sheet for each project to maintain purchasing control.
- Expedite any long lead materials if necessary or requested by the Owner.
- Project start up meetings.
- Coordinate the assigned work tasks, prepare the project schedule and maintain the project schedule throughout the project.
PROJECT CLOSE OUT
- Chair job close out organization meeting.
- Be constantly alert for future work with the Client.
- Sell our GC services contract work.
- Keep the Client’s best interests in mind.
- Work with the all stake holders in the project to safely deliver a quality project on budget, and on schedule. Remember the stake holders are many Architect, Engineers, Building Manager, Banker, Subcontractors, Tenants, and Owner’s Representatives could lead to future work or be a future client.
- Other duties as assigned.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Establish good working relationship with other team members.
- Foster positive communications and relationships with team members, management, vendors and clients.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and developments.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in meetings as requested.
- College degree in construction management or relevant field. Years of experience in a similar or related position will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of construction field.
- Ability to work in an office environment as well as in the field as requested.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office products including Outlook.
- Ability to learn company specific software as needed or required.
- Prior experience in construction or relative field.
- Proven track record working with people, teams and projects.
- Ability to work independently, within a team and in a diverse workforce.
- Frequent standing, walking and sitting.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work at computer or desk area for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use a computer and see color.
Monday, October 30, 2023