This position will provide project management and transportation engineering assistance to the Transportation Practice Area. This position will provide support for transportation design, transportation planning, and traffic engineering projects. This position is expected to perform a variety of design and planning tasks with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Provide traffic engineering, planning, design, and public involvement support for transportation projects.
2. Provide construction engineering management of roadway construction projects.
3. Perform engineering calculations in support of civil engineering design projects.
4. Provide MicroStation and AutoCAD drafting requirements in support of design projects.
5. Perform field reviews and collect data for projects.
6. Write, review, and edit planning and engineering documents.
7. Coordinate with government agencies, client staff, and other professionals to obtain design information and approvals.
8. Prepare for and present projects at public meetings.
9. Prepare and route project-related correspondence and record keeping.
10. Conduct periodic site visits to construction sites to monitor quality and progress of the work.
11. Write and edit construction specifications and engineering reports.
12. Assist with project marketing and responses to Requests for Proposals.
13. Tabulate bid items and calculate construction bid quantities from plans and specifications. Estimate construction costs.
14. Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
15. Other engineering related duties as assigned.
Qualifications. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Baccalaureate degree from an ABET-accredited civil engineering program or the requisite years of progressive engineering experience and educational study, as prescribed by the local jurisdiction, to be eligible to take the Principles and Practice of Engineering exam and at least 5 years prior experience in the transportation engineering field is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Licensure as a Professional Engineer.
Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is highly desirable.