Senior Site Superintendent
- Shoreline, WA
Senior Commercial Construction Superintendent
We are a mid-size general contractor specializing in mixed-use, apartment, tenant improvement, and senior living projects, is looking for a Senior Superintendent that can manage construction of large multi-family apartment buildings from sizes 75-250 units. Come join a young and fun company that gets to build some special and unique projects!
We Need Your Skills:
- You have strong phone skills to communicate with subs and vendors. Be able to use the right balance between getting quick information by phone versus less timely bulk information transfers by email.
- Be a master motivator at getting things you need from subs when you need it. If you find yourself saying, “I’m still waiting to hear from so and so”, then this job will be challenging.
- You are a results-oriented Super with strong directional skills to actively run meetings and command teams of people and make things happen.
- You are a positive attitude get-it-done person, and know how to be resourceful and quick thinking when labor or material conditions unexpectedly change.
- You know how to balance the necessary job walk time with your teams and necessary office computer time.
- Knowledgeable in building the building and general building assemblies, processes, and equipment to make sure the people actually doing the work are doing it right with the right means and methods.
- Work positively with owners and owners’ reps on issues, specification clarifications, and changes to find cost effective solutions
- Walk the job frequently as needed to ask questions and make sure subs have what they need to ensure no schedule slips while checking to make sure work conforms to plans
- Review shop drawings against plans and work with vendors to make revisions
- Experience managing the installation of underground utilities like storm water manholes, vaults, water systems & hydrants, sewer systems, gas and electric conduit trenches, etc.
- Experience with shoring walls, piling and underpinning, underground parking, and PT decks
- Maintain 3-week look-ahead schedules in Microsoft Project for weekly owner meetings.
Best and Brightest:
- Education: minimum bachelor’s degree at a 4-year university or college in Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering or a related field is desired. A combination of a Bachelor’s degree and related work experience will also be considered in lieu of related field degree.
- Experience: 3 or more years of experience as a general superintendent (not an area superintendent) for a general contractor on similar size and scale commercial projects.
- Software skills desired: Procore, Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project, Acrobat, Bluebeam
Dollars and Benny’s:
- Salary competitive, commensurate with experience.
- Med/Dent/Vis insurance, HSA company contributions, life insurance, and AD&D
- Eligible for annual company and/or project-based performance bonuses
- 401k in the form of SIMPLE IRA with up to 3% company matched contributions.
- Add your cell phone to company paid Verizon plan to be phone bill free
- 3 weeks personal time off plus 1.5 weeks of holidays
- Use of company owned truck and fuel card for company business.
- Flexible work environment- work hard, play hard is our motto.
- Background screening required
Tuesday, March 15, 2022