Civil CAD Drafter (Contract)
- Seattle, WA
Our Seattle area team is looking to hire a CAD Drafter / Technician. This is a contract position, expected to go 3+ months, with the opportunity to become permanent.
CAD Drafter/Civil Technician is responsible for drafting civil design construction documents and revising existing documents.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD software, version 2015+.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Production of accurate and well-presented design drawings that adhere to company, client, and agency requirements.
- Ability to work successfully within a project-based and team-based environment.
- Excellent time management skills, in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients – internal and external.
- Initiative - self-starter.
- Committed to producing high quality plans.
- Motivation and ability to increase understanding and implementation of engineering principles, internal and external standards, and requirements.
- (Preferred) Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D software, version 2015. Grading, corridors, feature lines, surfaces, C3D labels, pipe network, and sheet sets.
In this position you get to:
- Create and revise civil engineering drawings, draft engineered redlines (hardcopy and electronic markups), revise CAD drawings based on client/jurisdictional feedback, and create details, sections and report exhibits.
- Use company and required city AutoCAD standards. Drafting will be done in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D. Drawings will be created from a combination of hand sketches, survey, architectural, or other drawings, and our design base file.
- Correlate, and interpret data obtained from topographical surveys and historical documents.
- Follow directions to set up sheet files and method of presentation for drawings and exhibits.
- Provide quality control.
- Coordinate with engineer/project manager to understand and meet project objectives, project budgets, and timelines.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with colleagues, clients, subcontractors, agency staff, consultants, and co-workers, in-person, via email and phone.
- Maintain electronic and paper project file organization.
- Work with engineering and senior CAD staff for workload tasks.
Monday, May 18, 2020