Principal Industrial Hygienist
- Bellevue, WA
Full-service industrial hygiene, health & safety, hazardous materials, and environmental consulting firm with over 25 years of recognition within the environmental health and safety marketplace.
PRINCIPAL INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST
Seeking to add a Principal Certified Industrial Hygienist to join our growing operations in Seattle or Tacoma, Washington. If you are a high-impact difference-maker with a track record of business development, client management, and technical leadership success, please consider bringing your talent and energy to a place that is committed to growth, rewarding your achievements, and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our philosophy is to seek out, develop, and highly compensate industry leaders who have the rare combination of skills to secure new consulting opportunities; manage clients, programs and projects; and lead and mentor staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform exposure assessment projects for chemical (gases, vapors, aerosols, dust, etc.), biological, and physical hazards. Experience performing ergonomic assessments would be a plus.
- Develop scope, scheduling, and budget IH projects for both public and private sector clients.
- Managing numerous small and large projects.
- Supervise broad range of projects and project teams.
- Develop marketing strategies with senior management team.
- Mentoring of young professionals and project managers.
- Collaborate with other Principals to support and extend the vision and direction of the firm.
- Participate in executive decision-making as part of the Senior Management Team, reporting directly to the CEO.
- Serve as an integral part of company leadership, demonstrating a high standard of ethics and integrity.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- IH Assessments
- Indoor Air Quality
- Project Specific Health and Safe Plans
- Risk Management and Process Safety
- Worker Exposure Evaluations
- BS in public health, health and safety, or related discipline.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification.
- 10+ years of experience after receiving CIH credential and relevant professional services consulting experience.
- Recognized technical expertise in the marketplace with well-established client and industry connections in the Pacific Northwest.
- A track record of repeat business and demonstrated success on competitive business opportunities.
- Strong dedication to maintaining a safe work environment and promoting company safety culture
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong reputation and advanced knowledge of the local regulatory landscape.
- Proven negotiation skills with federal, state and local regulators.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to pass a background check, if necessary, to meet client, contract, project, or site access requirements.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if/as required
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites along with a valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
Monday, April 10, 2023