Enigma International is seeking a CAT III Arabic linguist to support our mission in Fort Belvoir, VA. The candidate will possess the ability to read, speak, write, and listen, using correct grammar and punctuation, in both the target language and English. Primary tasks will be to provide translation and interpretation services. Testing will be conducted to verify language proficiency prior to hiring; a minimum score of ILR level 3 in all areas will be required in both English and the target language to be considered for this position.
If you are interested in being considered for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities · Provide accurate, complete, and trusted interpretation and/or translation of data from a variety of sources
· Provide written translation of aural, videotape, and/or other sources from one language into another
· Provide written translation of source texts in one language into another language
· Summarize documents, review translations, ascertain substantive conformity of texts written in two or more languages (comparisons)
· Support high-priority (essential) tasks supporting real world operations
· Occasional travel may be required (< 10%)
Qualifications · Current, final TOP SECRET clearance
· Fluent in English and Arabic when tested (at a minimum of ILR level 3 in all areas)
· Possess a broad enough vocabulary in both English and the target language to follow accurately the essentials of conversations between educated native speakers
· Able to provide accurate idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to the target language, and vice-versa, as well as the ability to interpret/translate using colloquial and slang words and phrases
· Able to supplement interpretations and translations with information pertinent and specific to professional fields such as medicine, scientific, engineering, legal, etc.
· Able to accurately provide the cultural and ethnic context of translation and interpretations, and provide advice to the supported organization or agency on the cultural and ethnic significance of statements, conversations, situations, documents, etc.
· Able to accurately perform document exploitation (scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents)
· Possess familiarity with cultural context of both English and the target language
· Write comprehensively in English
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Enigma International, LLCprovides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.