Director - Credit and Accounts Receivable
Experienced Recruiting Partners
- Charlotte, NC
Location – North of Charlotte
The Director – Credit and Collection has overall responsibility for the establishment of customer credit limits for the Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Responsible for the tactical and strategic management of professional and clerical personnel encompassing the areas of credit, collection, accounts receivable and cash application.
- Establishes and oversees compliance with Company policies and procedures that govern the credit and collection activities of the organization.
- Manages the investigation of credit risks involving customers and suppliers and the collection of amounts due to the organization.
- Directs the establishment of credit lines and credit worthiness of customers and assigns ratings based on internal credit analysis, external research, credit reports, financial records and other available credit information.
- Partners with sales management to ensure continuous support in managing their day-to-day responsibilities while managing risk and ensuring compliance with Company policy.
- Where appropriate, utilizes credit mitigation strategies such as guarantees, letters of credit, and other billing arrangements.
- Oversees Credit and A/R department to ensure most effective management of the aging of Receivables, DSO and Bad Debt.
- Oversees the administration of bankruptcy claims and related issues.
- Reports to management key financial monthly results and metrics.
- Analyzes trends, quantifies cost/benefits, calculates ROI, and effectively implements necessary policy changes.
- Analyzes and assesses Accounts Receivable and Bad Debt reserve requirements in accordance with Company guidelines and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Visits customer sites and negotiate payments terms on behalf of the Corporation.
- Manages complex and high volume related Credit and Collections regions to ensure efficient operations and the highest level of customer service.
- Manages Customer Accounts and ensures highest level of customer service, while focusing on collections
- Performs all duties inherent in the role of Corporate director including hiring, terminations, review and development of associates.
- Drives the Corporate Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of Corporation’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting
- 10+ years experience in Credit analyzing financial documents and assigning credit lines, is required.
- 5+ years managerial experience in Credit or Collections Required
- Manufacturing background preferred
- Must have experience in establishing specific targeted goals, related to DSO, Aging and Bad Debt.
- Required - Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Required - In depth knowledge of Commercial Credit Agencies processes and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
Friday, September 3, 2021