Senior Systems Administrator
Experienced Recruiting Partners
- Columbia, SC
Under general supervision assists with integration, automation, and scripting of the organization’s local and cloud infrastructure. Assists with the design, testing, debugging and maintenance of cloud and on-premise hardware and software. Implement, maintain, and upgrade IT services including management tools, performance, and security. Integrates and automates cloud and on-premise infrastructure offerings to ensure availability to all system users. Interfaces with peers and management to research and recommend technology solutions to facilitate more efficient business processes.
- Implement, maintain and upgrade IT services including, but not limited to applications, database, disaster recovery, email, management strategy, management tools, performance tools, PowerShell, security, and web.
- Schedule and coordinate server and network hardware maintenance windows with support personnel.
- Coordinate application deployments with support personnel and project managers.
- Escalation of issues to higher level technical personnel or vendors as appropriate.
- Remote support and on call hours may be required.
- Implementing and tuning server monitoring and alerting, utilizing System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Maintain, secure, and update active directory
- Support for Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, IIS, Microsoft Clusters, Skype for Business, Teams, and File & Print Servers.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and technical consulting to users and peers.
- Responsible for installation, maintenance, development, and deployment of operational server systems and applications
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution for complex server issues.
- Maintains system security and integrity of data nd computing resources and takes corrective actions as necessary, in compliance with company and industry standards.
- Provides second level support to issues related to Windows client/server infrastructure and interoperability ensuring complete resolution of issues.
- Address operation system issues including file and share permissions, user accounts and installing applications.
- Participate in release management functions in coordination with Application Management group.
- Ensures servers and systems maintain compliance with all published policies, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity plans, as well as maintaining system uptime.
- Promote and maintain policy compliance using available resources.
- Act in accordance with and be an advocate for Seibels Core Values (Respect, Collaboration, Accountability, and Transparency).
- Remain current with emerging technologies in order to recommend appropriate business solutions.
- Participates with implementation of corporate-wide technology initiatives.
- Serves as a technical resource for Information Technology staff to help facilitate a better understanding of new and existing technologies.
- Communicates problem resolution to users through voicemail, e-mail or in-person as appropriate.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Documents workflows and processes.
- College degree in Computer Science or Two-year technical degree
- 3+ years system administration experience (demonstrated progressive experience may be substituted on a year-by-year basis).
- Required - Knowledge and experience with Windows 2003-2016 server
- Required - Knowledge of VMWare
- Preferred - Microsoft MCSA Server 2012 Certification
- Knowledge of cloud technologies to include Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, and AWS preferred.
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting a plus.
Wednesday, September 15, 2021