Network and Security Engineer
Experienced Recruiting Partners
- Winston-Salem, NC
- Possess excellent teamwork and customer service skills
- Strong team player who works collaboratively with all members of the IT team.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Participates with the Infrastructure team in network design and capacity planning.
- Serves as an escalation point for the infrastructure support team and emergencies as needed.
- Effective analysis and troubleshooting skills, good time management and prioritization skills, along with the ability to produce and execute against solid project plans.
- In-depth knowledge of network and server hardware, operating systems, and enterprise solutions, including but not limited to email, software distribution, anti-virus, and backup solutions.
- Supports the planning, design, configuration and deployment of our enterprise network and security infrastructure solutions.
- Establishes and maintains network tuning and performance, troubleshoots any network issues or outages through to resolution and schedules appropriate upgrades and patches to ensure reliable connectivity.
- Maintains standardizations of all network equipment, including but not limited to routers, switches, wireless APs, firewalls, remote VPN connectivity, and VOIP and other telephony technologies.
- Develops standards and oversees deployment of centralized network-based threat management systems including intrusion detection systems, applications firewalls and web application firewalls.
- Supports the creation of organizational wide standards for security and network infrastructure products, including but not limited to encryption, multi-factor authentication and single sign on.
- Knowledge of information security standards such as CIS controls and benchmarks and the NIST framework guidelines.
- Identify and troubleshoot network and security gaps and take the appropriate actions to minimize risk and exposure and service interruption.
- Supports the planning, architecture and delivery of enterprise-level security and network solutions including but not limited to SaaS/PaaS cloud deployments, data center technologies, end user and end point protections.
- Solid knowledge of core Azure or other cloud computing technologies and services.
- Oversees the entire life cycle technology solutions acquired including budgetary expense planning and procurement lifecycles.
- Defines, documents, and enforces system standards.
- Generate and deploy solutions and policies in support of enterprise security and network technologies for the company.
- Demonstrate a Continuous Improvement mindset – through participation in events and activities that lead to financial gain, time savings, and/or waste reduction for the business.
- Cyber Security
- Information Security
- CIS Controls / NIST Framework
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Infrastructure/Security monitoring tools
- IP networks using Cisco routers, switches and wireless
- Palo Alto Networks firewalls
- Silver Peak SD-WAN infrastructure
- Microsoft Azure and/or similar cloud infrastructure environments
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working technical knowledge of Cisco routing, switching, and firewall IOS configuration; current network protocols, and standards, security and intrusion detection.
- Hands-on hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- CCNA Certification, MCSE/MCITP, or industry standard security certification preferred.
Wednesday, December 1, 2021