Director of Field Adjusting Services - Claims
Experienced Recruiting Partners
- Columbia, SC
Remote or Onsite in Columbia, SC
Provides oversight and management of the field adjusting workforce and operations, the overall direction of claims management and practices for the Field Adjusting Company, quality, and profitability.
- Directs the development, implementation, and management of policies and procedures for a best in class field adjusting company.
- Plans and implements tactical claims operational guidelines and workflow to effectively train field adjusting team regarding daily and catastrophe field claims and affect positive claims outcomes for our Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Third- Party Administrator (TPA) clients.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Human Resource departments in support of our business development and recruiting of independent field adjusters.
- Develop, communicate, and execute field adjusting strategic plan and department objectives.
- Provide direction and leadership for Field Adjusting Services team.
- Establish operational competencies that measure and report on productivity, cycle time, quality, and compliance of field claims management. Monthly/Quarterly/Annual reporting to senior management regarding same.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to manage and develop a roster of top qualified independent adjuster resources for both daily and catastrophe operations.
- Fiscal Responsibility; accountable for company P&L and actively participates in the budget process. Carefully monitors staffing and operations impacting his/her expenditures each month.
- Interact regularly with our internal claim operations management team to identify, coordinate, and communicate claims solutions, and improve claims processes and workflows.
- Share knowledge, skills and expertise to mentor, coach, and develop new managers.
- Develop appropriate key performance indicators, and measure and deliver results to drive performance.
- Direct work activities of team members and maintain full managerial responsibility for the performance and development of team, in accordance with corporate strategic direction.
- Stay apprised of applicable court decisions and claims-related changes in laws, regulations and other insurance department actions in all active states.
- Work with leadership team to provide direction and oversight in responding to all requests from departments of insurance involving regulatory exams, reporting requirements and audits.
- Partner with clients and provide oversight in responding to requests for data from other third parties such as reinsurance carriers.
- Oversee the planning and implementation required for field adjusting expansion into additional states, programs, and lines.
- Translate business change initiatives into executable and successful action plans.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President, Claims Services.
- Act in accordance with and be an advocate for Client core values
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Develop professional business relationships and work collaboratively with all levels of management, inside and outside of the company.
- Adapt professionally and rapidly to the organization’s vision.
- Strong business acumen.
- Continuous professional development.
- Capable of implementing creative and effective solutions.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication.
- Communicate with team members, customers, vendors, and guests in a positive and professional manner, fostering well-rounded relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of company and customer information.
- 4 year college degree
- 10+ years of management experience with an independent adjusting company, TPA or similar organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required -Experience working with a TPA and/or IA firm
- Required - Knowledge of property and casualty insurance lines of business, with a broad spectrum of claims issues, property and liability coverage, claims handling and investigative procedures
- Required - Florida experience, and Texas experience
- Preferred - Adjuster licenses as needed to perform duties.
- Professional insurance certification such as CPCU, or other claims related designation.
- Experience with field claim support systems and applications.
- Experience recruiting and managing a roster of independent adjusters.
- Knowledge of construction and materials, pricing, and unit costs.
Tuesday, September 21, 2021