Senior Data Engineer - Remote
Experienced Recruiting Partners
- New York, NY
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will create the architecture and develop the pipelines that transform and process data to deliver insights and business intelligence. That insight enables business leaders to make better decisions founded on real data. You will see the “big picture” and create approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team.
- Work with customers to define, design, and develop complex data pipelines (stream and batch processing) on cloud platforms (AWS/GCP)
- Work with Data Scientists to design pipelines that improve their productivity and enable them to implement their ideas
- Work hands-on with cloud native services to demonstrate and prototype outcomes in customer/partner environments.
- Gather performance metrics to identify inefficiencies and opportunities to improve scalability and performance
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to other engineers
- Strive to be at the forefront of new modern data analytics technologies
- Work with the engineering team to package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership and published assetsInteract with sales, partners, and customer technical stakeholders to manage project scope, priorities, deliverables, risks/issues, and timelines for successful project outcomes.
- Translate business requirements into technical design and architecture
- Develop prototypes and demos quickly
- Function as part of an agile delivery process
- Solve sophisticated data and analytics problems at scale
- Demonstrated experience creating sophisticated data processing pipelines leveraging public cloud platforms
- Demonstrated experience incorporating testing into pipelines, including performance tuning
- Demonstrated expertise with distributed systems development
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with new technologies
- 3+ years experience with streaming systems like MQ, Kafka, Storm, Spark, etc.
- 3+ years experience with data toolchains like Dataflow, BigQuery, Kinesis, Redshift, EMR
- 3+ years experience with business intelligence tools like QuickSight, Looker and Data Studio
- 5+ years experience in design and implementation of big data systems
- 5+ years experience of Java and Python development
- Experience with geospatial data is a plus
Dynamic Work Environment with Great Benefits:
- Competitive compensation.
- Generous benefits.
- Flexible vacation and PTO policies (we have a minimum vacation policy in fact!)
Tuesday, September 21, 2021