Lead Business Systems Analyst
Experienced Recruiting Partners
- Columbia, SC
Location: Onsite - Columbia, SC
Billing Center focus
The Lead Business Systems Analyst demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Directly leads analytical and technical teams in a matrixed environment to deliver high quality, large scale software solutions. Interacts with external vendors in the software development process during product implementations and warranty support.
- Identifies and recommends needed systems changes.
- Coordinates with customers, business units, and application staff to create detailed specifications relating to system changes. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provides technical support to project team members.
- Coordinates project assignments with IT management and business unit staff to ensure project requirements are met within scheduled timeframes.
- Participates in new/enhanced system functionality designs, developments, and implementations.
- Acts as a department leader to encourage other business analysts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Actively looks for ways to improve productivity.
- Helps other IT staff increase individual productivity and personal development.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Quickly understands and identifies the business issues and data challenges in order to prepare an analysis and solution definition. Provides careful analysis of reported problems, understanding the nature of the problem, and how it relates to the customer/business unit’s performance. Assesses and analyzes critical issues with ease and takes appropriate corrective action. Works closely with customer/business units and IT management to keep them involved in resolution specifics. Thoroughly understands the consequences of a solution’s options and provide guidance to both customer/business units and other business analysts. Determines if reported problems are system related, or a result of current processes/procedures. Provides recommendations on processes to improve efficiency and to address and resolve business issues.
- Facilitates meetings with customer/business units to aid in the development of essential business requirements. Makes recommendations based on communications with customer/business units and knowledge of processes/procedures, offering ideas and solutions to improve system performance. Works closely with developers, as well as other IT personnel, in the development of system changes to ensure proper implementation of code changes. Monitors project plans. Establishes and conducts user sign-off process/testing effort on all system changes. Coordinates and distributes all timely system change notifications to customers, business units and IT personnel.
- Manages work assignments to meet deadlines and priorities as assigned by customer/business units. Notifies both customer/business units and IT Management of potential problems that may interfere with stated priorities. Prepares and plans tasks so that IT resources remain focused and productive when conflicts arise. Ensures timely identification, tracking, reporting, and resolution of issues. Manages customer/business unit expectations effectively.
- Coordinates major projects simultaneously with little supervision to ensure requirements are understood, gathered, and documented, development tasks are defined, assigned, and completed, test plans are developed, conducted, and verified, results are consistent with customer/business unit needs, specifications, and legal compliance, and production implementation is timely, accurate, and complete.
- Actively assists in the training and guidance of other business analysts to increase overall departmental knowledge of systems, procedures, and processes. Recommends personnel training in areas of weakness. Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Plays lead role in the development of systems and/or system enhancements by actively contributing to the design of any new system functions. Understands and supplies detail specifications through in-depth research of proposed development design and/or architecture, modification or addition to the system or application. Recommends effective approaches/solutions to obstacles that interfere with results.
- 4 year undergraduate degree preferably in insurance, information technology, business or related field and 8+ years business analyst experience preferably in a P&C environment. Associate’s degree considered with appropriate work experience.
- Work history should show a progression in positions with increased responsibilities. Must have previous experience as a Sr. Business Analyst.
- Experience with insurance transaction processing systems run on multi- platforms.
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools and prototyping and/or business/technical workflow tools.
- Working knowledge of Confluence and Jira.
- Strong MS Office applications skills required including PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel.
- Strong project management skills needed.
- Certificate of General Insurance – INS 21, 22 & 23 is required within the first 12 months in the position.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
Monday, August 9, 2021