Experienced Recruiting Partners
- Winston-Salem, NC
Location Hybrid work environment - Remote and Onsite in Winston Salem, NC
Ideal candidate will have experience with traditional transactional systems - EDI or WMS or ERP.
Someone who has prior experience building/managing a data warehouse would be of great interest to my client.
- Someone that is able to manage the team that supports any type of software application
- Full title: Manager Application Development and Business Intelligence
- Responsible for all aspects of our application development activities including traditional transactional systems and website applications and our enterprise data warehouse/business intelligent application.
- Ensures that our organizations software applications are meeting the objectives and requirements that support our business needs and strategies.
- Manages all technical aspects of our business intelligence environment, including data transformation and governance, performance monitoring and identification and support of analytics tools.
- Overseas all design, development, implementation and upgrades associated with our software applications.
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills enabling effective and positive sharing of idea, needs, directions across all levels of the organization.
- Serves as the key liaison between the IT team and the business, building strong partnerships with the business to understand and meet their functional needs.
- Exceptional trouble shooting and problem-solving skills, with a focus towards root cause analysis and long-term resolution.
- Manages and motivates internal team of analysts, developers, support members as well as external consultants.
- Manages the intake of requests, executes initial triage to segregate immediate need from discretionary, and coordinates prioritization of discretionary work with the IT Steering Committee.
- Effectively balances workload across resources including assuming responsibility for executing tasks where applicable.
- Consistently develops and executes to project plans that are comprehensive and cross-functional, resulting in an ever-increasing high level of on-time delivery
- Ensures team-wide compliance to internal processes, methodologies, and audit requirements
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset and proactively looks for opportunities to increase efficiencies, refine processes and cut costs.
- Actively participates as a part of the department leadership team to develop and maintain measurable goals and objectives, develop actionable plans with challenging but realistic deadlines
- Works closely with team members to proactively develop and retain their individual training plans, personal development opportunities and long-range career goals.
- Manages multiple priorities with ease and is able to maintain a level demeanor when working under pressure.
- Experienced working on a variety of application platforms, packages and languages. Experience with ERP and WMS packages and newer languages including Java, SQL, Python, etc. preferred.
- Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important. Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside. Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal. Eliminates roadblocks. Creates focus.
- Directing Others - Is good at establishing clear directions. Sets stretching objectives. Distributes the workload appropriately. Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner. Maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results. Brings out the best in people. Is a clear communicator.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Timely Decision Making - Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure. Able to make a quick decision
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers. Very bottom-line oriented. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred
- 5 - 10+ years of relevant work experience in Information Technology
- 1+ years of experience directly leading/managing a team
Wednesday, October 12, 2022