Director, Asset and Property Management
Executive Solutions Ltd.
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reporting to the COO, the Director, Asset and Property Management is responsible for the overall management of the organization. The Director leads the building operations, overseeing both the asset and property management functions of the properties as well as resident relations. The role ensures the delivery of quality services and safe, affordable housing. This includes staff management, productivity measures and improvements, quality assurance, and safety measures set for buildings, residents and commercial tenants. The role is accountable for ensuring best practices are being implemented while maximizing revenues and minimizing expenses to meet the business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Portfolio and Asset Management
- Determine life cycle and replacement schedule of major building components and ensure adequate budget and allocations to sustain 20-year plan.
- Oversee the implementation of the capital replacement plan for all of the properties.
- Oversee upgrades and renovations for all apartment units and common areas.
- Recommend operating and equipment strategies to keep buildings operating efficiently.
- Develop and monitor maintenance and inspection programs and schedules within the commercial and residential properties.
- Conduct processes reviews including evaluation and coordination of vendor relations and contracts to ensure resources and pricing of suppliers and vendors, including building equipment and supplies, provide maximum value.
- Ensure timely turnover or units to meet key performance targets.
- Implement sound and sustainable asset and property management practices to ensure a consistent, positive resident experience.
- Lead coordination and integration of efforts between building operations, resident/agency relations to ensure smooth workflow and cost-effective business processes.
- In coordination with the Director, Development and Strategy, perform due diligence requirements for construction and acquisition of new properties.
- Liaise with, and support, senior leadership team colleagues in implementing strategic plans and related initiatives.
Resident and Agency Relations
- Build positive and productive relationships with residents and partner agencies.
- Ensure all inquiries, feedback, complaints, or concerns are handled professionally and courteously.
- Ensure proper delegation of inquiries, feedback, complaints and concerns to appropriate staff members.
- Oversee marketing and leasing of commercial and residential properties and focus on retention, resident relations and satisfaction.
Finance and Reporting
- Develop and oversee annual operating budgets and replacement reserve budgets including special capital projects and upgrades in coordination with the Director, Finance and COO.
- Provide asset and property management reports to the COO and senior leadership to assist with capital planning and budget forecasting.
- Authorization of work orders and purchase orders for building maintenance and resident/agency relations expenditures.
- Act as main advisor on all issues relating to operational functions to ensure the organization stays informed and up to date on the latest developments to ensure competitive position.
- Develop and oversee process for regular audits and inspections of properties in collaboration with the Manager, Building Services to improve day to day operations.
- Oversee ongoing implementation of Yardi to enhance workflow and reporting of key metrics.
Work Environment and Culture
- Promote communication and collaboration between departments to ensure positive company culture.
- Steward and promote a culture of health and safety within properties, residents and staff.
- Provide guidance and leadership including performance management, training and development opportunities to Manager, Building Services and Manager, Resident Services.
- Communicate and explain new directives, policies or procedures to entire operations staff on a regular basis to ensure alignment, support and employee engagement.
- Foster a culture that is committed to customer service and satisfaction including residents, agencies and commercial tenants.
- Participate in the recruitment, interview, selection and evaluation process to ensure the organization is an employer of choice.
- Degree or certificate in Business Management, Commerce and/or related field with 5-10 years’ experience in operations management, residential or commercial properties management or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with a willingness to be an open and collaborative team member willing to share information, knowledge and experience.
- Maturity, judgment, and self-confidence to effectively interact with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proven people management skills and ability to grow talent.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a track record of working with vendors.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytical, decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly proficient with MS Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Experience with Yardi would be a definite asset.
Skills and Competency Requirements
- Continuous improvement and innovation – identify opportunities for improvement while considering current procedures and measures of performance. Recognize opportunities to apply ideas in new ways, demonstrating initiative, resourcefulness, and perseverance when transforming ideas into actions.
- Results orientation and maintaining direction – demonstrate the desire to meet a high standard of performance. This will include setting goals and priorities that maximize the use of available resources to consistently deliver results against goals and expectations. Review and alter plans and priorities on an ongoing basis and establish procedures for regular review of progress.
- Resource management – identify, obtain, and effectively allocate resources required to achieve goals, including the ability to assign appropriate resources to problems and opportunities.
- Fostering collaboration, cooperation and teamwork – promote cooperation, collaboration and partnerships between individuals or groups both inside and outside of the organization, ensuring that everyone understands each other’s roles, responsibilities and contributions and works toward success for all.
- Dedication to quality and excellence – produce results that meet or exceed standards. Show concern for quality, accuracy and completeness of work activities. Notice opportunities to improve quality and take action to do so.
- Organizational awareness – understand the company's structures, goals, mission, vision and values. Demonstrate awareness of the impact and implications of decisions and activities.
Please apply with your SV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants but will only be reaching out to those selected for consideration. This is a Calgary based position so living within a 50 km radius of the city is MANDATORY.
Friday, June 24, 2022