Senior Accountant - Manufacturing
Executive Solutions Ltd.
- Calgary, AB, Canada
The Senior Accountant will report to the VP of Finance and must actively contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the accounting department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will provide support to department activities with specific responsibility for processing, recording, updating, and reconciling information in compliance with established policies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain, review, and complete all general ledger reconciliations and Balance sheet analysis, investigating and resolving account discrepancies.
- Prepare working papers for year-end audit engagement.
- Liaise with auditors as required.
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts as required.
- Daily cash management and cash forecasting processes.
- Ownership of the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and related accounting processes, including oversight and backup as required.
- Fixed asset processing and reporting.
- Inventory management.
- Collection of information for annual insurance renewal.
- Preparation and filing of GST/PST returns.
- Review and reconcile bank statements.
- Wires and online banking.
- Payroll entries.
- Follow established internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Modeling and planning.
- ERP testing, training, and implementation.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Post-secondary education in accounting.
- CPA designation.
- SHRED experience a definite asset.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Discretion and good judgement.
- Strong communication skills, display confidence in discussions, and have the ability to present information in a variety of formats to all levels of employees.
- Self-starter able to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of current ASPE reporting standards is an asset.
- Advanced level understanding of Excel is an asset.
Thursday, October 20, 2022