Social Media Manager
- Austin, TX
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Social Media Manager to join the team in Austin. This person will be primarily responsible for all social media strategies to position the company as a leader in the premium pet food industry. Your goal will be to gain new followers, while increasing engagement rates, increase brand awareness, elevate our influencer ambassadorships, and dominate the competitive pet food space with killer social media content and campaigns. Our primary social channels are Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, and secondary/ channels include Pinterest, Snap Chat, Reddit, and Quora.
The Social Media Manager reports to the Director of Customer Marketing based out of the Austin headquarters.
- Develop, execute, and own social media strategy across each unique channel
- Build and manage a campaign editorial calendar that coincides with brand, retailer, and consumer interests
- Work with an in-house creative team and outside resources to create (or curate) and schedule all social posts (video, photo, copy)
- Support all relevant marketing, retailer, and event initiatives with effective social media applications
- Be knowledgeable and collaborate with our paid marketing team to implement and report on social campaigns that drive important KPI metrics
- Identify, propose, and support new relationships with other industry influencers’ social channels (Individuals, Brands, etc.)
- Continuously position the company as thought leaders in the premium pet food industry.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3+ years of social media dominance preferably for a consumer goods company or lifestyle brand
- Bachelor(s) degree, preferably in Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications
- Strong analytical skills and ability to report hard data on your efforts
- Experience managing a portfolio of content producers (photographers, copywriters, agencies, etc.), as well as the appetite to be behind the camera
- Masterful writing skills
- Extensive experience managing multiple social channels, developing industry leading social campaigns
- Doer with an accomplished track record of growing and maintaining a robust social media program
- Multi-media (Video, Photo, Copy) management capabilities
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management competencies
- A collaborative team player with an open demeanor, that is calm and confident
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with media monitoring platforms (HubSpot, GRIN, Falcon, Pixlee, Google Analytics,)
- A love for all things pets!
- This position can be remote or in Austin, Texas
Wednesday, October 12, 2022