Trade Marketing Manager
- Austin, TX
Our Trade Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving best-in-class customer and category analysis and execution for our rapidly growing business. With a strong analytical skillset & a solution-oriented mindset you will be leading several of our national programs with our sales and marketing teams – including Astro & Promoboxx – and creating organization KPIs to determine success. You will also be partnering with our sales team to lead channel and retailer-specific strategies that align with our national strategy. This role serves as the primary internal voice of sales from both a channel and customer standpoint, working collaboratively with the senior leadership team and cross-functional peers to drive superior business performance.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced at partnering with Sales leaders and field personnel to achieve growth goals
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management competencies
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have strong excel skills and prior ownership of reporting. Experience with syndicated data – Nielsen, IRI, SPINs is critical
- Self-starter who can be independent and has the ability to execute flawlessly.
- Doer with a track record of accomplishment
- Passionate and driven
- Preferred Skills: Tableau or Power BI, Financial Acumen, Retail Reporting (Repsly), Sales Operations/Sales Planning background, SharePoint
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from a four-year college or university or equivalent in marketing or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in CPG
- Desire to work cross-functionally with a high degree of positive intent
- Strong project management skills
The Trade Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Retail Marketing based out of Austin, TX headquarters. The key responsibilities and duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and derive insights from sales trends, syndicated data, competitive performance, and industry trends to identify risks and opportunities across the business
- Strong understanding and demonstrated performance of the AMPS (Assortment, Merchandising, Promotion, and Shelving) to deliver robust strategies to win across all channels
- Ensure Sales Teams (including agency partners) have all materials and detail required to successfully achieve account-specific objectives.
- Provide sales input into Marketing teams to ensure visibility into core category, customer, and retail environment challenges when launching new initiatives.
- Collaborate with sales teams to develop account-specific promotional packages, displays, and promotional planning that aligns with corporate strategy.
- Proactively seek to improve business practices and processes, especially as it relates to promotional spending and trade management.
- Train and educate sales teams on the use of brand and category syndicated data and recommend competitive strategies and resources.
- Support in-store programming across all channels – leading programming for our field teams to execute and track results
- Collaborate with R&D and Training groups at the company to ensure store level education
- Drive continuous improvement in reporting and planning tools to deliver actionable insights to the sales leadership team and their direct teams via SharePoint, Reporting Dashboards, etc
Wednesday, May 18, 2022