Mfg Equipment Maintenance Tech 1-5
- Santa Clara, CA, United States
The Micro-Electronics Technician will work closely with, Manufacturing Engineering, Test and Inspection on existing and new products in a clean room environment.
- Duties include performing epoxy die attach, wire bonding, opto-mechanical assembly and soldering, optical testing. This position requires steady hands for handling micro miniature materials which may only be visible through microscopes.
- Assemble micro-electronic components using manual techniques with minimal supervision using provided work instructions.
- Die/substrate attach
- Gold ball bonding
- Wedge bonding
- Perform Continuous Process Improvement projects.
- Use good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and judgment at all times.
- Collaborates with Manufacturing Engineering to determine root cause of failures and identify potential rework or repair opportunities.
- Maintain high ethical standards.
- Support OT (nights, weekends, extended hours) as needed to meet schedule requirements and business needs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- Experience working in a clean room environment is a plus.
- Must have ability to work with intricate parts and have a high attention to detail.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Previous experience in optoelectronic / microelectronic / hybrid / semiconductor assembly is needed.
- Ability to work using a microscope and sit/stand for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Thorough understanding of micro-electronics product assembly processes, techniques, and tools such as die/substrate attach, gold ball bonding, wedge bonding, bumping, gap & laser welding.
- Experience with new build and repair is a plus.
- Manual Die/Substrate Attach experience
- Manual and/or automatic Wirebonding experience
- Familiar with and able to interpret drawing/process specifications.
- Excellent ethical behavior.
- Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Must hold a Green Card or US Citizen due to ITAR Control
Thursday, November 29, 2018