- Santa Clara, CA, United States
Responsible for all process engineering, engineering problems solving and productivity promotion. Support the organizational goals in achieving total customer satisfaction. Responsible for analysis of existing operating procedure for efficiency and to develop and recommend improvements. Provide guidance in the improvement of manufacturing processes and efficiencies.
- Creates program to support the production report, Provides process instruction for manufacturing.
- Design and optimize manufacturing flow - responsible for driving / prepare manufacturing instructions (process, assembly, rework)
- Develops Build Plans & Requirements with the project team, driving and coordinating the subsequent builds, lead times and shipments - expects output to achieve schedule plan.
- Perform build Readiness review - Work with PM, materials, Production control on build schedule & prepare for 4M (Machine, Materials, Method, Manpower) review.
- Improve yield and quality by process efficiency, less scrap and cycle time. Set Head Count Requirements - Responsible for Process quality and drive continuous process improvements to achieve Quality by Process & Not by Inspection
- Perform impact analysis of ECO / Deviation (cost, schedule, material, etc.) & Implement released ECOs / Deviations on the line. Work with Quality, customer and vendor for Purge & disposition of MRB material and drive corrective actions.
- Knows your customer's expectations and drive action to meet them
- Work with customer DFM engineer to define manufacturing process flow and prepare necessary tooling for PCBA. Perform Design for Manufacturability on all NPI products. Makes intelligent decisions to support quick turn around on sample
- Works closely with the site to coordinate supply chain procurement activities in support of engineering builds.
- Prepare / Publishes and reviews DFX reports with key customer representatives, including all issues found and resolved during developments, as well as yield reports and analysis.
- Transfers new products, process, tooling, equipment and technology to other sites.
- Knows your customer's expectations and drive section to meet them.
- Maintain Project schedule - tracking all the activities leading to product Processes introduction.
- Work with supply chain on material supply and vendor issues and resolve.
- Able to Works independently on a variety of problems of moderate scope. Exercises judgment within established procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Regularly interacts with peers in own area and in related functions, as well as with immediate management.
- Receives objectives and sets goals to achieve them.
- Perform other duties as properly assigned by supervisor/leader
Education: BS or MS in EE/IE/ME or equivalent required
Experience: 5-8 + years applicable experience in manufacturing /Process/quality Engineering in Electronics / Telecom product manufacturing industry. 2-3 years
Experienced in managing multi-dimensional complex technical Project planning and implementation
- Experienced & have in-depth knowledge in SMT, PTH, Mechanical assembly / System build. Experienced in writing the work / Process instructions.
- Knowledgeable in various PCB laminates and processing, lead free soldering, cleaning processes & Conformal coating is a Plus.
- Experience in solder printer, SPI, AOI, AXI, wave soldering and BGA rework machines preferred.
- Knowledgeable with soldering materials, soldering process, temperature profiling and process debug for soldering issues on PCBA & with IPC and J-STD which related with PCBA, soldering and test.
- Familiar with statistical methods (SPC, GRR, DOE) for problem solving and process capability evaluation.
- Good communication skills in working with Customers and suppliers
- Proven track record in New Product Introduction and sustaining volume production.
- Experience in working at OEM factories or Contract Manufacturers
- Experience in working with component suppliers for root cause analysis is a Plus
- Team player, hands-on attitude self-motivated ability to work with little supervision
- Generally, executes responsibilities independently, receiving some guidance on new specific work projects.
- Excellent math, verbal, computer, troubleshooting, problem solving analytical skills in Electronics MFG environment is a plus
(define specific behaviors required by job)
Interpersonal and communication skills, Presentation skills
Tuesday, October 23, 2018