Relationship Manager - Internship Program (Non Profit)
- Henrico, VA
Partnership for the Future (PFF) is a college access and college success program dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty for young people by providing training and educational opportunities that will fuel their future success. Providing meaningful internship experiences is a key component of our mission. The successful candidate will seek paid internship opportunities for students by fostering relationships with key personnel at various businesses and maintaining current relationships with corporate partners. This position works closely with and takes direction from President & CEO. Duties include:
- Proactively seeks new paid internship placements for 90-100 high school and collegiate students.
- Conceptualize, develop, and present internship concepts and pitches to leading corporations.
- Cultivates and expands relationships with established internship sites.
- Coordinates the internship placement process with the internal team and external partners.
- Collaborates with the PFF team to understand the students’ personalities/skills and how they may meet the needs of internship sponsors.
- Works directly with students at in-person events/meetings with prospective business hosts and helps facilitate “Interview Day”.
- Creates and maintains a customer database and tracking system for prospects and secured internship hosts sites.
- Plans development events and programs for new and existing business sponsors.
- Works with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator to promote business relationships through strong LinkedIn presence and spearheads responses to leads/messages.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated relationship management or business development skills with a minimum of 3+ years of experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and persuasively with potential business sponsors including excellent business writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to track, meet and exceed recruitment and retention goals for internships.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
For more information about PFF please visit
Wednesday, July 14, 2021