Preferred Telecom experience, CRM a plus, Working in various web-based portals. We are looking to interview people with good organizational skills, research skills and some Telecom background knowledge.
The Off-Net Solutions Specialist will be responsible for administrating the presales and post-sales process of sourcing, ordering, tracking and auditing/reconciling records in regards to lit and dark circuit activations, moves/adds/changes, terminations, as well as other facilities, circuit components, and leased 3rd party network interconnections. As a key member of Off-Net Operations team, this person is also required to drive continual process improvement, gain operational efficiency, control costs, and provide a level of service which meets or exceeds customer and other department expectations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES - SUMMARY
• Obtain pricing for, and process orders for, circuits orders with 3rd party carriers and service providers – Initial Quotations, Orders, Applications, Augments, Disconnects relating to Type II Circuits, which could also include additional facilities such as Power, Equipment and/or Space.
• Act as a point of contact for the LT Sales and Engineering/Operations organizations. Be a point of contact for Type II providers’ account teams. Maintain effective relationships with all providers.
• Ensure committed installation dates are met, and communicate effectively with LT PM and other depts. as needed.
• Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Maintain vendor data, rate sheets, & service availability documentation for each Type II provider across the network.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES - DETAIL
• Review requests for correctness, including special restrictions & requirements not on the original CR or PR.
• Check multiple sources for potential suppliers (Google Earth, NEF Fiber Locator, Vendor Bldg. Lists, etc.)
• Utilize vendor pricing tools or work with vendors to generate vendor quotes, and price reductions as needed.
• Create and maintain Files and Outlook folders to store all quote related documentation.
• Obtain regular costs and intervals updates. Make sure A & Z and Suite/Floor Panel/Port information is correct
• Place and manage the delivery of customer and internal Lit, Dark, XCs, and other facilities (i.e. colo) installs
• Attend Kick-Off Meetings and calls w/PM, Sales, and Internal/External Customers as situations warrant.
• Work with SEs to ensure diversity requirements are met when identified before or after the PR process.
• Review Service Orders and Work Orders received via CRM
• Receive requests for orders outside of the CRM process via e-mail and follow thru to have records & CRM updated.
• Work with Legal to obtain order signatures.
• Work with Provisioning to secure correct CFA and any special requirements needed for delivery.
• Place and follow up orders with vendors for FOC, DLR, and on-time delivery, escalate as necessary.
• Create Records: VSO / Type II / Provisioning Detail / Netcracker record
MSAs & Renewals
• Process pre-order inquiries from CAMs to obtain renewal rates & negotiate lower rates
• Work w/Legal as need to obtain signature and process orders, and to consolidate or put in place Vendor MSAs.
• Update records to reflect Service Orders. - Link CRM records as needed to new Service Order.
• Review & Investigate inactive orders for disconnect cost saving opportunities.
• Process pre-order inquiries from CAMs to determine any applicable ETL, disconnect notice interval, etc.
• Review orders and verify records exist in CRM. If no records exist, research and create them in CRM.
• Forward disconnect order to vendor and update records with order information.
• Verify & communicate with Vendor and LT Accounts Payable about circuit disconnect.
• Weekly status calls as needed.
• Participate in Vendor Meetings as required.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS SKILL & ABILITIES
• Basic understanding of Ethernet technologies
• Basic understanding of SONET/TDM technologies
• Basic understanding of OSP/ISP construction
• Familiarity with circuit inventory and facility management OSS applications. NetCracker experience desired.
• Experience managing multiple vendors and resources in order to deliver time-sensitive projects.
• Intermediate (or better) knowledge of MS Excel.