3 month temporary assignment
About the Position:
Summary: Provide product knowledge and account support to customers, internal and external, in a courteous and proactive manner.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
Customer Service Rep - Ensures that customers have a professional and knowledgeable experience in working with Company Affiliates through providing proactive product and service support while maintaining accurate account information.
• Read and understand procedures and instructions on customer service processes.
• Answer calls promptly and courteously.
• Respond to customer correspondences in a timely manner.
• Communicate with the customer in order to determine requirements and expectations.
• Recommend specific products and solutions.
• Enter orders into current order management system that are received via email, fax, online.
• Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
• Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications determinate of customer requirements.
• Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and pricing per customer / distributor.
• Accurately process customer transactions.
• Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, and add-on sales and offering promotional sales items.
• Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
• Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
• Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint.
• Train new customer service / sales employees.
• Manage assigned distributor accounts.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proficiency in using personal computer, data entry terminal and other common office equipment and software.
• Education: High School diploma or equivalent
• Experience: At least 2 years' experience in internal or external customer service or customer service related administration
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must successfully complete a post-offer/pre-employment drug test.