The Field Construction Inspector position monitors the work of contractors to ensure quality control and contract compliance for projects of routine to moderate complexity.
Essential Job Functions
• Oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work which includes excavations, boring, placement on hand hole, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, and restoration of work areas
• Schedules work and inspection phases with contractors superintendent and agency personnel.
• Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to operations
• Takes field measurements of to verify contractor billing; checks placement of and performs quality reviews of construction.
• Recommends changes to construction plans to meet field conditions or provide project cost savings.
• Maintains project records which include daily diaries, materials notebooks, as-built plans, and pay quantity records
• Evaluates and monitors progress schedules, prepares work orders, and monthly estimates
• High School Degree or equivalent required
• Two (2) year technical degree preferred
• A valid driver’s license required
• Two (2) years of related experience
Tools/special equipment needed: vault hook, wheel, height stick phone to take pictures, hard hat, safety vest and vehicle.
• Knowledge of budget development and execution
• Knowledge of construction management process
• Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
• Ability to read and understand blueprints
• Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
• Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Time management skills
• Knowledge of wireless/telecommunications technologies and platforms
• Computer support and power experience and troubleshooting
• Attention to detail