SBA Load Development Officer
- Indianapolis, IN
The Business Development Officer (“BDO”) will be responsible for prospecting, developing and funding Commercial and SBA 7a loans nationally. Additionally, the BDO will solicit and originate Small Business and Commercial Loans in accordance with the bank’s lending products and policies. The BDO is responsible for business development, quality loan submissions, and all aspects of deal flow management, ultimately leading to successful funded loans.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Build relationships with local and national referral sources which include but are not limited to Commercial Bankers, Commercial Mortgage Brokers, Business Brokers, Realtors, Attorneys, Franchises, CPAs and other local business leaders.
- Develop strong relationships with local SBA District offices
- Work with referral sources and borrowers to solicit SBA 7a loan requests
- Develop and successfully fund $9 million to $10 million in SBA 7a loans nationally
- Prepare loan applications and present to Credit Underwriting.
- Consistently generate and maintain a loan pipeline of transactions that meet risk and return objectives of the bank
- Compile complete, high quality, loan application packages to underwriting.
- Present commitment letters to borrowers for execution.
- Work closely with the commercial loan origination team (underwriting, processing, and closing) and the borrower to deliver an 80% credit approval rate and successful closing of at least 80% of accepted commitments.
- Meet or exceed minimum loan funding goals
- Build strong “Bank Brand Awareness” in the market place.
- Represent the bank with honesty and integrity while delivering high levels of customer service in all interactions.
- Build strong relationships that promote a positive reputation within the local business community
Qualifications Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience prospecting, and successfully developing commercial and small business loans.
- Strong local and national lending presence and Sphere of Influence.
Required Skills and Attributes:Effective communication skills and the ability to develop productive relationships with a wide range of business professionals.
- Ability to gain trust and effectively work with referral sources and their customers.
- Proven track record of funding commercial small business loans.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, including the ability to conduct presentations, lead meetings and promote SBA Lending programs nationally.
- Knowledge of the Small Business Administration 7a Loan Programs, and the SBA SOP.
- Energetic self-starter and strong collaborator with a proven ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to thrive in a cooperative work environment and embrace the “Team Concept”.
- Ability to think strategically and identify potential SBA loan opportunities.
- Must have the ability to work independently and successfully develop, manage and fund small business loans
- Sound knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Referral network development
- Proven ability to identify, capture and structure commercial loans in the Houston and surrounding markets
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret, financial reports, and legal documents.
Monday, February 10, 2020