Lab Technician - Polymers
- Dayton, OH
FieldBridge Energy is hiring a Lab Tech for a World Leading Petrochemical Company.
The R&D PT Laboratory Technician's primary role is to perform physical property testing and to develop an understanding of polymer and chemistry, as well as, the fundamental principles of the analysis. May also include operating polymer processing equipment in the R&D Applications laboratory and perform related testing. This work will be performed in support of the product development, technical service and plant service needs of the polypropylene and polyethylene business units. This role participates in the development of new methods, the purchase and installation of new equipment, research studies examining the interplay between the polymer, test design and morphology. The successful candidate will also work with research teams in their assigned area, design and conduct experiments and study the latest polymer research to enhance the lab's capabilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Exhibit excellent safety leadership in the workplace, consistent with company and site HSE goals
- Perform routine physical testing polymer analysis according to proscribed method.
- Primary tests areas may include: tensile, flex, impact, barrier, density, melt flow rate and other physical property testing.
- Operate computer based laboratory test equipment in accordance with Company Standard Operating Procedures and Site/Corporate Safety policies.
- Perform routine maintenance, safety and accuracy checks on assigned equipment
- Interface effectively with R&D researchers, engineers, other technicians, site HSE, and supervision for the planning and execution of efficient experimental programs with the highest attention to personnel and process safety.
- Lead on-the-job training of fellow technicians on an as-needed basis.
- To accomplish this, the position requires good verbal and written communication skills
- Engage in frequent developmental dialog with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development.
- Associates Degree in Chemistry and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an R&D laboratory
- Solid background in statistics, computer-based instrument control systems, and office software tools
- Highly self-motivated individual, focused on providing quality laboratory data in an efficient manner with the ability to exhibit excellent workplace leadership in the pursuit of site HSE goals, project goals, and site/company workplace initiatives
- Problem-solving skills and be able to make competent, independent decisions in a timely fashion to ensure excellent progress on projects and assigned tasks.
- Ability to adhere to the highest performance standards of personal and process safety and exhibit good leadership in the workplace for accomplishing site/company HSE goals
- Team player with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal/external customers
- Must be willing and able to work in environments that require frequent bending, reaching and lifting up to 35 pounds
- Must be willing and able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- A Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or related technical field is strongly preferred.
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Thursday, February 13, 2020