- Hartville, OH
The Estimator is responsible for estimating temporary access and civil/environmental right-of-way services for projects in the powerline, pipeline, and general construction industries. Estimators must develop a comprehensive understanding of Company services, as well as our customers’ businesses and their needs. The estimating process includes access planning and design, quantifying materials from bid documents, and accurately identifying all costs associated with executing a project. An understanding of current and future company goals and objectives, and the role of estimating in achieving those goals, is also essential. Estimators must adhere to Company safety policy at all times and exhibit willingness to maintain and advance a corporate culture of safety.
In addition to working closely with Sales, Finance, Project Management, and Operations, the Estimator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with sales teams to design and estimate solutions for projects in pipeline, powerline, and general construction industries
- Design and map solutions for temporary right-of-way access
- Attend site visits and pre-construction meetings for upcoming projects
- Perform take-offs from construction plans and estimate labor, equipment, and materials needed to execute plans
- Create quotes and complete customers’ pricing sheets for submission of proposals
- Develop execution plans, schedules, project narratives, and other written communication as part of proposals
- Assist in the creation and management of Klein supplier profiles, qualifications, and bid submittals in customers’ web-based E-commerce systems
- Assist with the review and execution of contracts, work orders, change orders, and similar.
- Assist project management team in cost management of projects
- Track new developments and trends in the energy industry
- Proactively work to establish advantageous long-term customer relationships
- Provide technical expertise and support for sales teams on upcoming opportunities
- Other tasks as determined by Director of Estimating and company President
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, to prioritize and work in a multi-tasked environment
- Knowledge of basic construction materials, production methods, and safety standards.
- Skill in mathematics and a strong grasp of units and conversions.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required
- Familiarity with B2W Estimate is a plus
- Knowledge of Lean construction methodologies and principles is critical
- Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and safety hazards of construction projects
- Must be well-organized and methodical
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Adhere to all Company safety standards, demonstrating a high degree of safety awareness for all Company employees and worksite-based subcontractors. Work in a predominantly office setting with some outdoor project exposure. Company promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering, Natural Resources, or related field with two to five years’ experience in cost estimating is preferred.
Friday, April 24, 2020