Dirt Construction Salesman
- Midland, TX
The Oilfield Construction Sales Representative is responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing sales strategies for the Construction line of business. Responsible for managing and retaining a portfolio of accounts and establish long lasting business relationships with customers to grow a revenue base of business.
Job Specific Requirements
- Identify viable leads, retain active accounts, and acquire new business for the Construction line of business.
- Maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in a designated market to anticipate changing customer needs.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of company's available services per lines of business, pricing structures, and offer additional services specified by customer.
- Establish long term business relationships with existing clients to grow revenue and meet pricing objectives.
- Execute service agreements with customers.
- Builds relationships and increase company visibility through participation in company sponsored activities, trade shows, Chamber of Commerce events, and similar activities.
- Partner with Operations Team to address customer needs.
- Perform site visits as required.
- Schedule and document all day to day activities for new business opportunities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in oilfield construction sales and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of earthmoving construction and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of oilfield construction
- Sales experience with a proven track record of exceeding revenue quotas and managing a book of business.
- The ability to achieve growth quotas, learn quickly and apply knowledge to business goals
- Advanced communication (written and verbal), organizational, problem solving, time management, and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including effective presentation and listening skills.
- Building and nurturing of internal and external customer relationships.
- Strong work ethic, demonstrating integrity, and trust
- Ability to be a self-starter capable of working effectively in a high stress, fast paced, team environment
- Flexibility to accept and adapt to change as well as the commitment to seek continuous improvement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to deal independently with internal customers & external resources. Proven negotiation skills.
- Previous responsibilities involving self-direction and infrequent supervision from management.
- Valid US issued driver's license with a good driving record
- Ability to pass background and drug and alcohol tests
- Availability to work long hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to work safely in all types of weather
- Services employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively, in English, to customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a group or team environment
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
Friday, November 8, 2019