Quality Assurance Manager
OPUS International, Inc.
- Hazelwood, MO
Our client delivers quality ingredients and manufactures custom formulations for the food, beverage and dairy industries throughout the U.S. and Canada. They currently have an opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager at their plant in the St. Louis, MO area.
The Quality Assurance Manager develops, maintains and oversees all programs and procedures related to food safety and quality in this food production facility.
- Maintains and updates the GMP Program.
- Food Safety Committee and HACCP team leader.
- Trains employees on food safety.
- Maintains and updates the recall program, acting as Recall Team Leader
- Works closely with all regulatory personnel.
- Acts as a liaison between production and the Management Team with production food/safety issues.
- Responsible for regulatory inspections including SQF and FDA.
- Responsible for SQF certification process and the yearly review of the SQF system.
- Responsible for COA’s.
- Participates in new product scale-ups and roll-outs.
- Ensures product safety and quality.
- Responsible for making sure all products are produced within spec.
- Maintains Kosher and Organic Certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science preferred.
- Proficient knowledge in food safety programs; GMP’s, HACCP, Sanitation
- SQF Practitioner
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Project management
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment, Quality Control emphasis, preferably at a food plant.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Elizabeth Pereira, (954) 428-3888 or [email protected]
Wednesday, November 14, 2018