Quality Assurance Manager - Natural Color
OPUS International, Inc.
- Port Washington, WI
Our client is a global leader in premium natural food colorings. Their customers are the largest and most selective producers of various food products. They are seeking a Natural Color Quality Assurance Manager for their facility located in the upper Midwest.
- Oversee the implementation and ongoing improvement of quality and food safety programs to ensure optimized performance to customer and business expectations.
- Protect each customer’s brand with the products, services and documentation for all natural colors.
- Uphold the Company's Mission Statement, Quality Policy, and Values and Beliefs.
- Perform work accurately and reliably with proper thoroughness according to established procedures.
- Proper work ethic, including being at work when scheduled, arriving to work on time, and being ready to work at the start of the work day or shift.
- Lead the local food safety/HACCP team to set the vision for the site along with implementation of improvements.
- Ensure food safety procedures are followed at the facility. For example, active HACCP, GFSI and GMP are visible and active; customer required certifications such as Kosher or Halal are maintained, third-party audits are completed without significant preparation.
- Complete internal audits, mock recalls, process improvements, and other actions to drive improvement in quality of manufacturing, packaging, documentation, etc. for all products.
- Set standards for frequency and methodology of outside testing requirements and ensure such standards are followed.
- Provide training and leadership to all associates to maintain a culture of food safety and customer awareness.
Quality / Manufacturing:
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of production processes and equipment, including capabilities and constraints.
- Liaise with Plant Manager and Engineering Manager to ensure strong quality presence in all manufacturing decisions such as MOC.
- Work with Plant Manager and Global Quality Manager to ensure successful introduction of new products into the facility.
- Manage and develop the capabilities of the Lab Operator and all Manufacturing associates.
- Work with Global Quality Manager and VP, Natural Color Manufacturing to approve new suppliers.
- Serve on Manufacturing Support Team – demonstrate acumen to support in all areas of manufacturing including process improvement, planning, manufacturing and logistics.
- Coordinate with sales, provide direct assistance to customers regarding product selection, product use, complaint resolution, troubleshooting, etc. May visit on-site if required.
- Ensure reports complete required training and performs all duties in a safe manner in support of established safety goals.
- Support and comply with established requirements in the OHSAS 18001 standard.
Other duties as assigned.
Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys good news and bad.
Promotes mutual respect, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs.
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
Vision and Values
Supports values and daily actions and decisions, communicates vision and values to others, generates enthusiasm, incorporates vision when planning.
Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others.
Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
Applies clear/consistent performance standards, handles performance problems decisively and objectively, is direct but tactful, provides guidance and assistance to improve performance.
Provides feedback and coaching, rewards hard work and risk taking, takes mentoring role, challenges and develops employees, accepts mistakes, provides visibility/opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- 5-10 years' experience in food manufacturing management with demonstrated success in Quality Assurance roles.
- Ability to perform all Lab Tech functions.
- Strong quantitative skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to think critically.
- Self-directed with the ability to manage associates, work independently and contribute to manufacturing support team.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to be courageous in convictions but broad in consideration of customer and business needs.
Be available on call as required to support plant operations.
Occasional travel to other Company facilities, customers and vendors will be required (<10%).
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Susan Canarick, (954) 428-3888 or (954) 830-7539 (c) or [email protected]
Thursday, July 26, 2018