Sr. Scientist, Dairy
OPUS International, Inc.
- Rochester, MN
Our client is a multi-billion dollar manufacturer of dairy products. They are a company whose purpose includes nourishing families through the support they provide each other as a family of employees. They have a new opportunity for a Sr. Scientist, Dairy at their facility in Rochester, Minnesota.
Responsible for new product formulation, process improvement, and cost savings through reformulation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for new product formulation; works closely with Marketing leads on projects.
- Responsible for generating cost savings for the Company through reformulation and process improvement.
- Responsible for ongoing product quality assessments and product reformulation to drive product improvements.
- Develops and conducts in-house taste test panels, and supports other consumer research projects.
- Works with production facilities/departments to ensure a straightforward scale-up once the reformulations/new products are ready for large-scale production.
- Prepares and participates in departmental presentations to Company officers, employees and suppliers.
- Develops a positive work relationship with suppliers in order to assist R&D with the development of new products, supplier selection, and safety and quality issues.
- Represents the R&D department on task forces and/or process/product improvement teams.
- Performs all other duties as apparent or assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- BS in Food/Dairy Science or related area plus 5-7 years' product development experience, preferably in a dairy manufacturing environment.
- MS in Food/Dairy Science preferred. Culinary training a plus.
- Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of mathematics for formula calculations.
- Ability to supervise R&D personnel.
- Working knowledge in area of Bacteriology/Food Science.
- General knowledge of laboratory procedures and equipment.
- Aptitude for equipment operation, maintenance and sanitation.
- Ability to generate ideas, test their effectiveness and decide on a plan of action.
- Ability to demonstrate professional oral and written communication.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Moira McGrath, (954) 428-3888 or [email protected]
Friday, February 23, 2018