Corporate Regulatory Manager
OPUS International, Inc.
- St. Louis, MO
Our client is a manufacturer and distributor of quality ingredients and custom formulations for the Pet Food Industry. With over 40 years in business and 11 production facilities throughout the US, they are a leader in the industry. They currently have a new opportunity for a Corporate Regulatory Manager in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Manages the collection, organization, and distribution of information related to regulatory functions. Oversees the generation and distribution of reports to customers.
- Oversees the maintenance of all vendor compliance records and reviews records from suppliers assuring their compliance with federal regulations and guidelines.
- Oversees accuracy of product data sheets for all 11 (human, pet food and animal food) production facilities.
- Oversees and approves all pet food and animal food labels.
- Works with appropriate functional area to ensure that regulatory programs are effectively implemented and maintained in compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
- Responsible for new ingredient approvals for pet food and animal food facilities per FSMA requirements.
- Will take part in internal plant audits and supplier audits assuring their compliance with corporate and federal regulations.
- Reviews and reports monthly on pest control for all 11 facilities.
- Acts as a liaison between plant and corporate teams regarding regulatory issues.
- Will serve as backup to the Document Specialist.
- 20-30% travel
- Need expert knowledge of FDA and AAFCO labeling regulation and requirements
- Review product formulations to ensure compliance with regulations and AAFCO, FDA, USDA,EC Directive and FEDIAF regulatory standards
- GFSI trained; SQF Practitioner preferred.
- Generate product labeling and information (ingredient declaration, Country of Origin, etc.
- Review and approve ingredient specifications and resolve ingredient and finished product specification conflicts
- Perform onsite documentation audits of contract manufacturer
- Demonstrated expertise and hands-on experience with government regulations such as FSMA as well as knowledge of food safety programs: cGMP’s, HACCP, HARPC.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to effectively translate ideas, concepts and information.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a regulatory environment for Human, Pet or Animal Food.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Liz Pereira, (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, September 28, 2018