Quality Assurance Manager
OPUS International, Inc.
- Lake City, MN
Our client is a manufacturer and distributor of quality ingredients and custom formulations for the food and beverage industry. With over 40 years in business and 11 production facilities throughout the US, they are a leader in the industry. They currently have a new opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager at their plant in Lake City, Minnesota.
The Quality Assurance Manager develops, maintains and oversees all programs and procedures related to food safety and quality in two pet food production facilities that are 1.5 hours from each other.
- Maintains and updates the GMP Program.
- Food Safety Committee and HACCP team leader.
- Trains employees on food safety.
- Maintains and updates the recall program, acting as Recall Team Leader.
- Works closely with all regulatory personnel.
- Acts as a liaison between production and the Management Team with production food safety issues.
- Responsible for regulatory inspections including SQF and FDA
- Responsible for SQF certification process and the yearly review of the SQF system.
- Responsible for COA’s.
- Participates in new product scale-ups and roll-outs.
- Ensures product safety and quality.
- Responsible for making sure all products are produced within spec.
- 50% travel between Lake City, MN plant and the Whitehall, WI plant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science preferred.
- Proficient knowledge in food safety programs; GMP’s, HACCP, Sanitation, PCQI Animal Food
- SQF Practitioner
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Project management
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment; Quality Control emphasis preferably at a food or pet food plant.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Elizabeth Pereira, (954) 428-3888 or [email protected]
Friday, December 7, 2018