Our client is a privately-held Iowa-based Company that produces and distributes an array of proprietary, value-added blends and ingredient products for the food, dairy, tortilla, bakery, and other specialty markets.
Our client seeks a Food Scientist to be located in their Southern California research and development lab. The successful candidate will work in research, product development, and applications. This position reports to the Vice President of Technology.
- Develop and commercialize new ingredients and tortilla products:
- Develop new ingredient technologies and/or formulation blends
- Evaluate and approve new and alternative raw materials
- Provide technical support for Sales, Quality, Operations, and customer accounts
- Support other R&D activities as needed
- Maintain Laboratory notebook and regularly report results
- BS/ MS or PhD in Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering, or related major
- Expert knowledge of ingredients and ingredient functionality in food systems
- Work experience with one or more of the following: Fiber, Meat, Starch/Processed Cheese, or Bakery
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization to accomplish project goals while managing several projects and priorities at the same time
- Experience with experimental design and execution
Position requires some travel and customer interaction. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to prosper in a team environment.
The Company offers paid vacation, health, life and dental insurance, 401(K), and educational assistance.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Moira McGrath, (954) 428-3888 or [email protected]