QA Assistant Manager
OPUS International, Inc.
- Brooklyn, NY
Our client is a new division of a $20 billion conglomerate that was established in 1953. This division manufactures Asian appetizers, dumplings, noodles, seasoning and spices. As they have been very successful in sales to the retail market, they recently developed a food service division. They have a new opportunity for a QA Assistant Manager at their facility in the Northeast.
JOB PURPOSE: The QA Assistant Manager is responsible for implementing and updating the food safety guidelines to ensure continuous and consistent program execution, and compliance with USDA, FDA, and local health agencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Quality System Management
- Manage all quality initiatives of the USDA/FDA manufacturing facilities and warehouse
- Lead and manage 3rd party audits such as FSSC 22000 Silliker, Costco, e.t.c.
- Create and update quality programs to comply with USDA, FDA regulations, third-party audit (GFSI, Child Nutrition Certification, and Food Safety Certifications).
- Follow up on internal and external food quality/safety audits & report and track corrective actions.
2. Supplier Control
- Create and update, as necessary, supplier/co-packer auditing program; manage quality systems for co-packers/suppliers (ingredient/packaging suppliers/chemicals/pest control/ e.t.c.).
3. Product quality/food safety
- Create and manage product specifications to comply with regulations and customer needs
- Manage and operate standards for quality/food safety analysis with internal or 3rd party lab.
- Make collaborative food safety and quality decisions regarding ingredient, raw product, in-process product and finished product conformance as designated by the QA Manager.
4. Customer Complaints
- Facilitate investigation and corrective actions in response to customer and consumer product quality and food-safety-related questions and complaints.
- Assist with related corrective action plans and implementation as necessary.
5. Supervisory duties
- Manage department staff; train and assign responsibilities to the staff and impose disciplinary action.
- Oversee the QA/QC department during the QA Manager’s absence.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or science based program preferred.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in food quality fields/audited food manufacturing sites/HACCP certified.(USDA facility QA or QC experience preferred).
- Experience in Asian foods or trained in GFSI is a big plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be bilingual in English and Chinese.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Elizabeth Pereira, (954) 428-3888 or [email protected]
Friday, November 30, 2018