Sr. Food Technologist, Alcoholic Beverages
OPUS International, Inc.
- Allentown, NJ
Our client is an international fragrance and flavor company. They currently have an opening for a Sr. Food Technologist, Alcoholic Beverages in their Flavors Division in the Northeast.
Manage/coordinate flavor applications and associated technical support of diverse project initiatives for the alcoholic beverage category.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop alcoholic beverage application bases to showcase Company's flavors and technologies
- Actively participate on technical selling team to develop strategic relationships and customer intimacy
- Be the go-to person for all alcohol technical and flavor solutions
- Create new alcoholic beverage concepts based on trends for proactive presentations
- Project management - Manage briefs and champion required actions to meet project objectives.
- Autonomously plan and execute day-to-day project and lab activities
- Participate in work sessions with clients
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe laboratory environment
- Facilitate lab maintenance, building and environmental safety standards as required
- Keep abreast of technical knowledge in terms of ingredients, formulations and processes relating to alcoholic beverages
- Leverage internal and external resources to bring insight, expertise and efficiency into project executions
- Establish and maintain network of pertinent working relationships with technical community
- Deliver presentations in a technical capacity to clients as required
- Maintain knowledge of alcoholic beverage client’s strategies, brands and products
- BS or MS degree in Food Science/Science/Science Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years' alcohol industry/flavor industry experience working in alcohol category required
- Demonstrated technical track record in flavor application
- Project Management experience
- Ability to multi-task various project initiatives and work stages
- Self -starter/operates autonomously with minimal or no supervision required
- Technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Experience/track record of building strategic network of working relationships
- Priority and decision-making expertise
- Safe and ethical work standards
- Ability to travel to customers in North America
The Company creates an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to reach their full potential. They foster entrepreneurial spirit and imaginative teamwork with freedom to act within the Company's strategic plans. They hire and develop the best talents, rewarding them accordingly. They offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities, and an outstanding benefits program.
All candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Elizabeth Pereira, (954) 428-3888 or [email protected]
Friday, June 8, 2018