Our client imports a wide-range of products from all over the world and distributes them to supermarkets, convenience stores, and other outlets. They currently have a new opportunity for a Quality Assurance Director at their location in South Florida.
The Quality Assurance Director is responsible for all Food Assurance activities related to the entire company: sourcing, warehousing, selling, and customer relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages Food products Quality Assurance activities.
2. Provides risk assessment for potential regulatory issues, along with options regarding corrective and preventative activities.
3. Maintains records of the FSS in the public server, under the QA folder.
4. Supports the Sourcing and R&D Director in reporting all quality issues to management via the QA ISSUE REPORT.
5. Reports any quality issues with the product (i.e. quality, packaging, label, shipping, etc) to vendor and follows-up to ensure all issues are resolved.
6. Responsible for obtaining any lab tests needed in a timely manner.
7. Maintains records of all TPSS received and signed by the vendors.
8. Reviews the Item Description form, New Vendor forms and Claim forms.
9. Maintains records of all vendors’ certifications (i.e. FSP, BRC, IFS, HACCP, Kosher, etc).
10. Other duties that might be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Degree in relevant field, such Food Science, Global Sourcing.
Minimum of 10 years' experience in QA area.
•HACCP, PCQI, FSMA, CFR
•Bi-lingual (English, Spanish).
•Proficiency in all Microsoft applications and highly skilled with Excel.
•Ability to work independently and without detailed direction.
•Excellent verbal and written communication with customers, presentation and relationship building skills.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Elizabeth Pereira at (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com.