Student Services Advisor
Foremost Consulting LLC
- Chicago, IL
As a Student Services Advisor, you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding student success and retention objectives for the College. You will work directly with enrolled students to advise them on degree path, give guidance and counseling to students regarding course selection and course load. As an Advisor, you will maintain a continuous focus on the student experience and student success from initial enrollment through graduation.
The Student Services Advisor will build relationships with assigned students by assuming responsibility for the following:
- Building rapport with students, setting and reinforcing student expectations.
- Representing the College, taking ownership and pride in both daily activities and long term success.
- Ensuring new students are oriented to Academic policies and services prior to enrollment.
- Learning the details of courses, career paths, case examples and faculty specialties so that a knowledge base of the programs can be built and used in student interaction.
- Evaluate students’ abilities, interests and personality characteristics in order to provide regular counseling and support activities.
- Monitoring attendance, academic and enrollment progress of students to ensure that students are making satisfactory progress. Contacts students to disseminate information concerning the students’ status, and provides follow up as necessary
- Maintaining high levels of student satisfaction as measured by student retention, student satisfaction surveys, student graduation rates and graduation surveys.
- Coaching students who run into obstacles on their path to degree, helping them assess and plan for the way forward.
- Taking proactive measures to ensure prompt resolution of any potential obstacles.
- Responding to students’ requests for assistance within 24 business hours.
- Monitoring courses to ensure students are participating as per the expectations of the course. Communicating with faculty to discuss student status and assisting as needed.
- Meeting or exceeding student retention program metrics each term.
- Working well in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in higher education or similar environment
- At least 1-2 years of related experience preferred
- Ability to understand the needs and challenges faced by adult learners
- Passion for excellence
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, various communication methods and student record management systems
- Ability to coach and motivate teammates and students for goal achievement
- Strong attention to detail including skills in record keeping and records management
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills
- Genuine interest and commitment to help students achieve their goals
Wednesday, June 20, 2018