Galaxy Technology Hires LLC
- Merritt Island, FL
Are you looking for an agile company culture, quick decision processes, flat hierarchy, and fast pace, with happy colleagues? If so, this is your opportunity!
Our client is pioneering new value propositions in space through the design and large-scale manufacturing of low-cost, ultra-high performing satellites at high volumes. Their factory and supply chain are tuned to produce up to 15 satellites per week, dramatically lowering the cost in large volumes for high performance space applications, while shortening acquisition timelines for customers to less than a year. These spacecraft are modular and designed for multiple mission configurations. Their ability to iterate on satellite design and launch new satellites in quantity faster than ever before secures a truly competitive advantage in spacecraft production.
As a Launch Quality Engineer you will be the support for all quality activities during the launch preparation phase and launch. This includes:
- Determining the process-related root cause of product and hardware nonconformances that are detected in the Florida factory and the launch site
- Facilitating corrective action investigations utilizing various quality tools with associated department representatives.
- Assisting with the implementation of corrective actions and ensure closing, including validation of effectiveness.
- Providing assistance in resolving nonconformance instances on hardware and assemblies to ensure no delay to launch activities
Duties & Tasks:
- Work closely with launch engineers and technicians to evaluate product non-conformances and provide guidance to the launch team accordingly.
- Facilitate and lead investigations into process failures that are the root causes to product nonconformances.
- Complete internal audits of processes to support continual improvement of OWS quality management system in accordance with quality management system requirements.
- Complete design of experiments (DOEs) on associated processes when required.
- Develop compliant procedures for quality management system (QMS), provide work instruction review/input and evaluate process controls as necessary.
- Develop standard repairs for hardware rework with deviation evaluation, work instruction creation, and training.
- Comply with all safety and company policies.
- Experience in the Spacecraft/Satellite industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline (electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, industrial or aerospace) is required.
- Minimum of 4 or more years’ experience in Quality or related positions.
- Ability to understand avionics and power systems and components.
- Strong knowledge of the 8D process and strong root cause analysis skillset.
- Exposure to quality management systems AS9100, IATF-16949 or ISO-9001 is a plus
- ASQ Quality Engineer or Lean certifications preferred but not required.
- Preferred to have knowledge and/or experience with measurement tools and methods including: micrometers, calipers, durometers, FARO/Romer arms, mass spec, FTIR, NDT, ohmmeters/multimeters, and oscilloscopes.
- Able to travel (up to 30 days at a time) on a regular basis
- Strong team player and willing to work flexibly when required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Clearly demonstrate flexibility and self-discipline to plan/accomplish objectives while multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Proficient in communicating across various organizational levels, cultures, and industry traditions
The position will be located in Merritt Island, Florida, however requires regular international travel (up to 50%) to launch sites in Russia, Kazakhstan and French Guiana.
The successful applicant will be subject to a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and ladders and high places, exposure to heat or exposure to hazardous chemicals. This will be both within the manufacturing environment in Florida and during launch.
- While performing the duties of this job, the successful applicant will regularly be required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools or controls, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, crawl, push, pull, lift, twist and grasp.
- The worker is frequently required to talk and hear.
- The worker is occasionally required to stand, stand or walk for an extended period of time and reach above shoulders.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines.
Tuesday, January 7, 2020