General Description of Duties:
Performs work under the supervision of the Center Director. This position is responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the center by the Performance Standards and CSRA EOA, Inc. Policies.
1. Clean center daily
a. Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums.
b. Removes trash and garbage from building daily.
c. Reports to Center Director repairs needed.
d. Makes minor repairs to the center building and playground equipment.
e. Maintains inventory and requests janitorial supplies.
f. Performs cleaning tasks such as dusting, washing windows, and walls.
g. Replaces light bulbs and fuses.
h. Changes filter in air and heating units.
i. Keeps janitorial supplies in a safe locked area.
j. Checks and replenishes tissues, soap, and towels in each restroom daily.
k. Checks playground for debris and rake resilient surface daily.
2. Keep grounds and buildings clean and safe.
3. Check the security of building daily.
4. Store equipment and supplies.
5. Move center equipment and furniture.
6. Wax and buff floors.
7. Provide first aid and emergency assistance to children.
8. Report all accidents to the supervisor and other proper authorities.
9. Inspect buildings and grounds for unsafe conditions.
10. Organize and submits all invoices.
11. Recruit volunteers and in-kind contributions.
12. Participate in the recruitment drive.
13. Assist in the classroom whenever it is deemed necessary by the Center Director.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
The Janitor/Maintenance person is responsible for the Center Director.
The Center Director with input from the Facilities Specialist is responsible for evaluating the Janitor/Maintenance person on an annual basis using the Head Start evaluation instrument.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
1. Must have dependable transportation.
2. Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
3. Must have back brace available and wear when lifting
4. Must have yearly physical and health card.