GreenForce is looking to place an Extraction Assistant with a client based in the Portland Metro Area.
The Extraction Assistant position supports hydrocarbon extraction activities in fact-paced manufacturing environment.
The ideal candidate is quick on their feet, is willing to jump in when and where necessary, adapts well to changing job tasks, is detail-oriented, and strives for excellence in all things.
Compensation: $17/hr + benefits
Full Time: One week you work 4 - 9 hours days and the next 5 - 9 hour days. M-Thurs 12PM - 8:30PM and every other Fri 6AM-3:30PM.
• Operates equipment of various sizes and weights.
• Learns techniques that are essential in extraction process to maximize the yielded quantity, quality, and stability of the extract.
• Pack and clean columns for maximized shift performance.
• Maintain clean ovens to prevent contamination.
• Clean Teflon sheets in order to reuse materials while preventing contamination.
• Strives to continuously improve.
• Performs detailed inspections and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to the manager.
• Clean vacuum ovens to ensure a pristine environment for each batch of extract.
• Regularly reviews safety protocols in case of emergency.
• Rigorously maintains compliance to OLCC rules, state laws, and work safety.
• Willingness to learn basic techniques that apply to extraction.
• Ability to accurately and consistently document material weights, temperatures, and related information in the tracking of the extraction process.
• Extraction experience in Hydrocarbon desired but not required
• Comfortable communicating productively within a team
• Ability to make decisions and know when to ask questions
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Results focused
• Technical capacity
• Experience in a laboratory or science related fields
• Time management
• Team oriented but can work well without supervision
This position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to speak and listen.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
You must frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 75 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required. One year manufacturing experience preferred.