Cannabis District Retail Manager
- Eugene-Portland-Bend-Coast-Southern -Eastern, Oregon
GreenForce is looking to help one of our industry leading clients find a District Retail Manager. This position will be based in Eugene, OR but will be traveling around Oregon on a regular basis, checking in on various retail outlets within a defined territory.
Job Description: District Retail Manager
About US:We are a vertically and horizontally integrated company functioning in all areas of the cannabis supply chain: cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and retail.The successful candidate will exhibit the ability to function and work cooperatively in a fast-paced work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Cannabis Retail Manager:
- The District Retail Manager will oversee all retail operations within the specified territory
- Provides strategic direction and thought leadership to the retail organization, with a strong understanding of the market and customer needs, as well as anticipating future needs.
- Performs a significant role in defining objectives, strategies and plans, and working with cross-functional executives (operations, inventory/planning, finance, marketing, etc.) to implement those plans.
- Maximizes retail productivity, sales and profit, while ensuring that standards of service excellence are continuously met and improved upon.
- Performs monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reviews to proactively identify business improvement opportunities, develop budget strategies, and implement positive action plans to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and enhance the customer experience.
- Identifies trends and opportunities to define changes in process and procedures that drive operations and selling agendas.
- Stays informed and knowledgeable about Cannabis law, and all state and local laws, regulations, and industry news.
- Ensures dispensary and personnel are in compliance with regulations in all operations, processes, inventory management, and protocol.
- Attends cannabis related trade shows, conferences, and seminars to discover new product lines, systems, and methodologies that would ensure we maintain the best in class practices.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring cash management procedures are being followed including, transacting, opening, closing, depositing, reporting, maintaining, and reconciling cash with organizational POS system and all standard operating procedures.
- Develops training and reinforces service, product, operations, and management expectations through training and development of all store team members.
- Proactively collects voice of the customer feedback, and uses feedback to implement new product offerings.
- Ensures a world-class experience exists for our customers.
- Partners with the Human Resources Manager in reviewing employee performance, coordinating benefits, fostering employee relations, and administering disciplinary actions when required.
- Collaborates with Legal, Marketing, Inventory, and Accounting resources to review and revise all staff management practices that support a high performing, team-based culture.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in business related field preferred
- At least three years experience in Cannabis retail/operations management is required.
- Proficient understanding in METRC and OLCC compliance
- Strong personnel management and retail operations knowledge, including inventory control, loss prevention, retail POS systems, merchandising, customer service, and budget preparation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Effective communication; written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Ability to work independently and possesses a sense of urgency, is high energy, and applies a hands-on approach.
- Basic computer and software experience using MS Office products.
- Although the Cannabis Retail Manager role may typically maintain a Full-time schedule, the successful applicant will be willing to work evening and weekend shifts as necessary.
- Valid Oregon Drivers License
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age with no prior felony offenses.
- Must pass criminal background check
- opportunities to support sales and increase foot traffic.
- Knowledge of local and state laws and regulations pertaining to medical and/or retail marijuana is a must
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Working knowledge of medical and/or retail cannabis industry.
- Working knowledge of METRC
- Reporting and Information Management: must have proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with process management, team problem solving, and inventory control.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3-4+ years of management experience in retail.
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends.
- Must be 21 years or older.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation starts at $20-25 per hour based on Experience and Track Record
- Bonuses are performance based and not guaranteed
Monday, February 4, 2019