Controller - Cannabis Producer
- Portland, OR
A Clean Green Certified, OLCC Tier II licensed recreational cannabis producer located in the picturesque Illinois River Valley in Takilma, Oregon. Founded in 2015, the farm is committed to growing premium quality, sungrown, CBD-rich cannabis while maintaining a resolute commitment to environmental and social responsibility. We’re seeking a talented, passionate and self-directed Controller to join our team.
Important note: This position is based out of the farm's Portland satellite office.
The Controller’s primary role is to provide a steady financial as the company grows. The Controller will develop and maintain a dynamic accounting system, interface with tax professionals, participate in budget planning and ensure compliance in a range of areas. The farm is effectively a startup, so this position will also support others on the business team, a collaborative group that includes the Sales Manager, CEO, President and Education Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field
- 3+ years professional experience
- Strong communication skills and a healthy sense of humor
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Software we currently use a lot: Quickbooks, Google Drive, Slack
- Develop and maintain accounting system
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Structure and refine charts of accounts for the farm's various business entities
- Generate reports to better understand cost and profit centers and other useful analysis
Financial odds and ends
- Work closely with tax professionals to improve tax strategy
- Manage the budgeting process
- Interface with lenders and investors
Other things you’ll do
- Support other business functions, including sales, marketing and compliance
- Attend events as a representative of the farm
- Occasionally visit the farm to help out and get your hands dirty
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Annual salary: $46,500
- Paid vacation: 4 weeks
WORK SCHEDULE, RELATIONSHIPS AND CULTURE
- Schedule: The Controller sets their own schedule, but should average at least 40 hours per week. The business team tends to work M-F.
- Travel: This position requires a minimal amount of travel. You’ll be provided use of a company vehicle or compensated for miles driven at the standard IRS business rate (currently $0.545 for 2018).
- All team members are expected to participate in the farm's culture of self management, constant improvement, and be flexible to the constant changes of a dynamic business and industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $46,500.00 /year
Tuesday, June 26, 2018